12.

"So wait, Zach and Monty are telling you that Justin isn't happy with Jess?" Hannah asks.

I nod.

"...and they want you to be with him instead?" she continues.

I nod again.

"But why you? No offence. You're amazing but you're way out of his league honestly. You're sweet and nice and beautiful. You deserve so much better than Justin," she said.

"Han, you're just saying that because you're my best friend. If anything, I'm out of HIS league," I reply. 

She scoffs. "No way! Stop putting yourself down Cassie, you need to realise you're worth. And don't let Zach and Monty get into your head. You don't have to hang out with Justin if you don't want to." 

"But what if I did want to?" I mumble. 

Hannah lifts her eyebrow. "You wanna hang out with Justin?" she asks.

"Well, I kinda already have," I said sheepishly.

Her eyes widen. "WHAT?! WHEN?! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Because it was last minute and I didn't think much of it. We just watched Riverdale and talked. That's all," I explain.

"So, do you like him," she asks me.

"Yeah, I do Han. And I don't know what to do. I know what you said about him. But what if he's changed," I answer.

Hannah doesn't say anything.

"Are you mad?" I ask.

"No," she said. "I'm just processing what you just said. Cassie, I don't care if you like him. What I do care is about feelings. I don't want you to get hurt. Just be careful, okay?" 

I smile. "Thanks Hannah, I'll be fine. I'm not gonna try anything. Especially since he's with Jess. But I do like him," I said.

"Trust me, he won't last long with Jess. No one ever does," she laughed. 

I laugh with her. "I can't imagine why," I joke. 

Hannah and I sit there in silence for a while.

"Text him," she said.

"What?" I ask.

"Justin. Text him," she repeated.

"He's with Jess. I really shouldn't," I said.

Hannah grabbed my phone and went onto my messages. I quickly got up and tried to get my phone back but she kept moving.

"What are you doing?! Don't you dare text him," I said jumping to get the phone from her.

"Too late," she said throwing my phone back to me.

I look at my phone. She did text Justin. It just said hey :)

"HANNAH BAKER! YOU DID NOT JUST TEXT JUSTIN!" I yelled.

"I believe I just did," she said calmly. 

"I hate you so much," I said.

"You'll thank me later. And hey, I'm helping you aren't I?" she smirked at me.

"Shut up," I shoved her.

"Hey, is that pizza?" she asks pointing at the pizza box.

"Yep, do you want a slice? I'm full and Jeff's up in his room studying for his test tomorrow so I'm sure neither of us will have anymore," I said handing her a slice of pizza.

She took it and thanked me. 

"So are you gonna hang with Justin tomorrow?" she asks me.

"Nope. Jess will actually hunt me down and kill me if I even look at him, let alone hang out with him," I said.

"No she won't because cheer practice starts tomorrow. And since she's captain, she has to be there. So there's your chance. And don't worry about me because I'll just hang out with Clay and Tony," she said.

I sigh. "Do I have a choice?" 

"Nope! Now let's go upstairs and we can choose an outfit for school tomorrow," she said.

"Okay, who are you? Because I don't think Hannah Baker would be interested in looking good for school?" I joked.

"I'm not, but you on the other hand, are gonna look fabulous," she grinned doing a little twirl and running up the stairs to my bedroom. 

She goes to my wardrobe and starts looking through it.

"Honestly, you need to get some colours into your closet Cassie. Everything in here is either black or grey," she laughs holding up a black denim jacket. 

"Look who's talking!" I laughed.

"Hey, I actually have colour in my wardrobe. How about this outfit?" she asks holding up my black and white striped tee, dark blue denim jacket and black ripped skinny jeans. 

"It's cute," I said. "What shoes?"

Hannah went over to my shoe rack and picked up my combat boots. "These?" she asks

"Perfect! I shall wear that tomorrow. Y'know, you should totally pick out my clothes everyday so I don't have to worry about what to wear," I joke.

"Not a chance! I can barely pick my outfits. Let alone yours. Especially with your limited wardrobe. You need to go shopping," she said. 

"Nah, I'm happy with my all black wardrobe," I replied. 

She laughs and shakes her head. "I should go. It's getting late. I'll see you tomorrow though. Bye Cassie," she said and left. 

I lay on my bed and think about what's going to happen tomorrow. I was so excited to hang out with Justin again tomorrow. Then I heard my phone go off. I pick it up from my dresser and see that Justin texted me back.

From: Justin

To: Cassie

Hey Cassie! What's up?

Well, it's now or never. I may as well ask him if he wants to hang out tomorrow. 

From: Cassie

To: Justin

Wanna hang out tomorrow? Lunch?

From: Justin

To: Cassie

So you finally figured out that i'm not that bad huh? Yeah, sounds good Cassie! I'll see you tomorrow :) 

From: Cassie

To: Justin

Yeah, you're not too bad Foley

I smile at my phone like a dork. I'm hanging out with Justin Foley.