chapter twenty

Six months later.

T minus one hour.

Our single Infinity was going to release in sixty minutes precisely. I had bitten all of my nails off in a nervous fit. One Direction's debut single was much awaited. In the last two months, we had opened for Five Seconds Of Summer's Looks Good Feels Good tour and Lauv's Paris In The Rain tour. They both were relatively new and unknown artists but we still managed to gather sufficient media and fan attention in the short span.

sufficient is actually a massive understatement. We fucking blew up. 

Our faces were splashed in almost all teen magazines and all our social medias blew up. Harry already had a million followers. Simon was very impressed. We had been signed up for five albums on the spot. However, the success of the album would still depend on how the single would fare. We needed that Billboard rank.

The boys and I were given a duplex apartment in central London. All amenities were provided to us one call away. I still hadn't gotten used to any of it. Yesterday when I was having lunch in Pinkfred's, two girls came upto me screaming and broke down. They wanted autographs. My autographs. I was so excited, I gave them my phone number too. Bad move, definitely a bad move. I had to change my number the very next minute because they spread it all across tumblr. Simon's assistant Kirsten gave me an earful.

Two of the PR executives were sitting on their laptops on our couch making calls. Their voices sounded so urgent, so furious, it made my heart beat ten time faster.

"Is everything alright, Jeremy ?" I called out to one of them, the nicer one. The other one was a straight up bitch. To me, at least. 

"Yeah, Louis. It's just the Vevo Office." He whispered softly "They want to sort out some doubts last minute. Unprofessional buttlickers" He rolled his eyes. I let out a soft laugh that Jeremy hastily joined. 

"There's an email from Sony." Henry barked rudely.

"On it" Jeremy muttered and typed away in his laptop furiously. 

I had nothing to do and no more nails to chew on. I wandered through the house till I landed up in the kitchen. I found Harry scanning through the shelves, desperately moving around the spices.

"What's up, Styles ?" I laced my arms around his hips, smiling into the crook of his neck.

Harry and I were happy and in love. We hadn't announced it yet, we wanted privacy. We want to keep it safe among us. Sometimes magazine will find out old pictures of me and Eleanor and splash it out. Those days, Harry would never leave my sight. He would hold me tighter at night. He wasn't insecure, he just cared way too much about gossip. I didn't mind. I'd hold him closer and kiss him more frequently and throw away the gossip rags. I promised we'll come out soon, I just didn't want media to scrutinize and nitpick our relationship.

Which they do so fucking much, sometimes it feels like a crime to even breathe in a room where females are present. If someone on the road asks me for direction, the next day, the print media predicts me and that stranger were out on a froyo date. 

But being with Harry was like getting an exclusive VIP pass to heaven. I was above earthly beings and earthly things, Harry was an angel and I get to kiss an angel. He makes me see the world in a different light, like, waking up one day and realizing how fucking beautiful blackbirds really are or how delicious marmite is. I mean it doesn't really sound like a big deal, but life becomes magical if you are enthralled at the slightest occurrences. Harry brings that out in me. 

 I'd rather die than be away from him for more than a minute.

maybe, that was extreme.

but, true, still.