cover

mina got out her house she shared with her friends. the cold december morning air whip her cheeks.

she walks to the direction delia has once told her. it was near the coffee shop they got their first and last drinks at.

mina knocked on the door. mrs. shin answered the door. she let mina enter the house.

"hello mina," mrs. shin said. "how are you this morning?" "it's fine," mina said. "how about you?" "it's been okay," mrs. shin answered.

"anyway, delia wanted you to have this," she handed mina a piece of folded paper. "read it at your house. alone. unless you want your friends to see you crying."

"okay," mina said and put the paper in her pocket. ".....mrs. shin, why did delia go into her eating disorder?"

"that's a long story, but i'm willing to say all of it," mrs. shin said.

"well, delia was fifteen at the time, and she would be bullied. i tried to stop the bullying, but it only made it worse. after a while, after she was called fat and ugly, she stopped eating. she felt unpretty. she didn't feel like she didn't have a purpose, like she was out of place. after a while, it was, pretty bad. she made herself throw up. she lost pounds everyday. she went to the hospital, and you know the rest."

mina finally understood.

bullying always end up badly. death.

"i'm so sorry you had to see all that happen," mina said. "seeing someone you love dying and you can't do anything about it. i'm sorry you had to see it."

"i know," mrs. shin said. "but, you don't need to be sorry. it wasn't your fault."

mina and mrs. shin talked until it was late at night.

"you should go home," mrs. shin said as she checked the time. "goodbye mina. walk home safely."

mina says her goodbye and walks out the house, making her way to her own house.

she held onto the paper in her pocket, thinking what it could say and what it would mean.