Patrick: a guardian (pt 2)

Y/ns pov

We all sat on the couch and comforted Tyler, everyone was silent. The only thing that you could hear was sniffles or Ruby singing in the hall. "So people went to steal tacos?" Andy asked, Brendon shrugged, "they were armed, we don't know the whole story because we sat in the back. Josh went to the bathroom and a while later we heard a loud bang, that's how we found out" he explained. I sighed, Patrick rubbed my back to comfort me.

Music blasted through the house scaring all of us, we all exchanged confused looks. "I'm gonna unplug that now" Patrick stated as he walked towards the speakers. We all stood up and all of our phones rang at once, "fuck this shit, I'm out" Brendon shouted once he realized the caller was Josh. Brendon and Tyler went outside and drove off, we were all very confused now. Patrick answered causing our phones to turn off, chills went up my spine. Patrick stood in silence as he waited for a response, he gave us all a confused shrug, he turned his phone off and sighed, "no one spoke" he said. "I'm probably gonna stay here tonight if that's ok with you" I stated, "me too" everyone else mumbled, Patrick chuckled, "fine with me".

It was already late, the guys set up their beds on the couch, I laid down beside Patrick and looked at the ceiling. Patrick seemed quiet, "are you doing ok?" I asked and turned to him, he looked at me and gave a small smile. He kissed my forehead, "yeah, I'm just thinking" he stated. I felt so bad, he was really good friends with Josh, he would hang out a lot with him and Tyler. "I love you, Y/N" he whispered, "I love you way more" I mumbled, we were both exhausted. We probably passed out a few minutes later in each other's arms.

I woke up and felt space around me, I instantly woke up, Patrick wasn't laying there. I went to the living room and saw Joe making breakfast, "good morning Y/n" Pete said with a groan, he was still waking up. "Have you guys seen Patrick?" I asked, "I thought he was with you?" Andy stated as he sat up from the couch. I sighed and dialed his number, it rang for a long time but no one answered. "He's probably at the store" I said, Pete stood up and hugged me tightly, his eyes looked very puffy from crying. I hugged him tightly, I know this is about Josh.

Joe served us some pancakes and eggs, "I didn't actually see Patrick leave this morning" Joe stated, something didn't feel right.  We ate our breakfast in silence, something we rarely do. I collected all the plates once we finished, Andy offered to help with dishes but I declined. I picked up around the house and we all sat down to watch TV, Pete scrolled through Instagram reading comments the fans had wrote on his new photo of him and Josh. His eyes were watery, Josh's death was all over the news, so that didn't help at all.

We turned the TV off in panic, we heard Ruby screaming. Joe quickly ran into her direction and I followed closely behind. Ruby ran out of Patrick's room and clinged onto Joe, "what's wrong?" Joe asked her, Ruby just responded with stutters. She pointed to the room and at the closet, I looked at Joe with a sigh, "there are no monsters in the closet" I stated, "no, but there's a d-dead person there!" She screamed. I gave Joe a concerned look, I walked towards the closet slowly and turned the lights on. I opened it and screamed, I can't believe Ruby had to see this, I looked away not wanting to feel more pain. Patrick was sitting there with pills in his hands, eyes half open and a picture of us in his pocket. I fell on my knees and cried into my hands, what is going on?

Yes, I hate how this is turning out too, but I promise part 3 will have a good ending.