Background Preferences

Tenth Doctor: The Doctor met Jade way back in his ninth (technically tenth) body, in between the episodes "The End of the World" and "The Unquiet Dead." The TARDIS landed in 2018 where the Doctor and Rose began investigating some strange activity near Jade's family's house. Jade joined up to help them, where they learned that a soothsayer on the planet Barbas had set up a portal to Earth to escape the planet's civil war. Jade helped them close the portal and stop the war, leading to Rose asking Jade if she wanted to join. After "Aliens of London/World War Three," Jade wondered upon a room in the TARDIS that showed the Doctor's past to her, even explaining what regeneration was. The Doctor found her crying out of sympathy and was able to calm her.  Around "Boom Town," Rose and Jack began conspiring to get the Doctor and Jade together. Jade admitted to Rose that she was in love with the Doctor, but she was afraid that he would change so soon. When Rose questioned the Doctor, he had to explain what regeneration was. Eventually, at the end of the episode, the Doctor and Jade began their relationship. After the Doctor took Rose and Jade home to protect them, Rose contained the Vortex in her long enough to get to Jade, who took the Vortex out of her and became the Dreamer. The Doctor took the Vortex out of her (their first kiss as a couple!) and regenerated. The girls had a mild grasp of the concept of regeneration, but... let's just say it's still a bit of a shock.

Alec Hardy: Jade's brother-in-law, Rodney, is Ellie Miller's second cousin. They introduced Alec to Jade when she accompanied Rodney, Marina (her older sister), and Aria (her niece) on a trip to visit Rodney's mother in town. Needless to say, even Alec and Jade were surprised when they hit it off. After a month of dating, Alec introduced Jade to his daughter, Daisy. Though there was tension due to Jade being only seven years older than her, Daisy eventually warmed up to Jade. But Tess (Alec's ex-wife) and Jade don't get along very well.

Dave Tiler: Jade's younger sister, Emmy, worked as a temp at Dave's photography studio and set them up on a blind date. Jade is very reluctant, as many blind dates Emmy set her up on before have ended badly.

Doug McLeod: In this universe, Jade has a daughter named Ariel (after the Disney princess of course) from a previous relationship. Doug took Jess to a community theater production of "Beauty and the Beast," in which Jade was starring in as Belle (one of her biggest dream roles). They won a raffle in which they got a backstage tour. Doug and Jade began talking and exchanged numbers. They would chat at least once a week by text, then twice a week by phone call, before he eventually asked her out. By the time of the story, they have been dating for a year plus two months of planning their wedding by the time the story starts. They plan to get married on the beach in the Scottish Highlands in August and spend their honeymoon in New York City. So far, the kids love Jade, Ariel has begun to refer to Doug as her father, and Jade is getting along well with Doug's ex-wife, Abi.