Dally and Olivia Imagine: Part One

Olivia's POV

The diner was filled with it's usual afterschool crowd. Greasers and Socs alike, all laughing and joking around with their friends. A couple boys from the football team arguing over who's turn it was to pick the song on the jukebox in the corner. My friends laughed at a joke I didn't hear as my leg bounced excitedly, waiting for my cheery coke, which I'd ordered pretty much every day after school. My best friend Gloria looked over at me, laughing from something one of the other girls had said, getting my attention. "Did you get that?" she mouthed to me, I shook my head, giving her an apologetic smile, I really hadn't been paying attention. Gloria just shook her head at me and smiled. I were grateful she never got mad at me for my short attention span.

I'd met Gloria when I first moved to town and shared a math class with her. Due to my hearing condition, I'd never really did a whole lot of talking, there for wasn't very good at making friends, but she had caught on quickly and surprised me when she introduced herself t me in sign language. We'd been friends ever since. Finally my drink arrived and snapped me out of my sentimental thoughts. I smiled excitedly as the waitress put the drink down on the table. I sat quietly in my own little corner of the world as my friends continued talking to each other. Sipping slowly on my coke, I grabbed my book out the bag beside me and began reading. Before I knew it I was deep into the pages before me. I'd read this book about a million times but it never got old.

I'd been reading for a while when Gloria tapped on my shoulder. Looking up at her, I was a bit disappointed that she'd pulled me away from the make believe world I was reading about. "Sorry" she signed and then straightened up, almost as if she was trying to look casual, I giggled as she moved closer to me and pointed casually to a place across the diner. I followed her gesture and saw a group of what looked to be greaser boys, due to their leather jackets and hair styles, one of which was staring my way. As my eyes met his, his darted away from me. "Looks like someone likes you" one of your friends mouthed to me, "I know him" me signed to them, Gloria nodded, "I think he goes to our school" she said.

Trying not to be so obvious I  casually looked back over in his direction. His eyes were back on me. I smiled shyly at him. Gosh he was handsome. His dark hair and deep eyes. He gave me butterflies, which didn't happen to me often. He gave a nod in my direction, a slight smirk on his face, hardly noticeable. Usually I would find a boy nodding to me to be a little lame, but he made it look extremely attractive. I blushed, looking back at the drink in front of me. Gloria tapped on the table, causing me to look up at her, "go talk to him" she said, my smile faded and I shook your head, "why?" another friend asked. "He wont like me" I signed "why wouldn't he?" Gloria asked, I gestured to your ears, as if it was obvious.  Gloria shook her head "Don't think like that" she said "your great and he'll see that". As I were about to speak, there was movement out of the corner of my eye. As I looked up and seen who it was, I felt as if my heart was going to explode.

It was him. Right in front of me. I looked to your friends, praying they could get me out of this situation. "Hi" he said, I smiled at him and gave a slight wave, scared to say anything. "I'm Dally" he said, I nodded "this is Liv" Gloria said from beside me, patting your arm. Dally nodded, as if he already knew who I was. My heart pounding a million miles a minute. He was even cuter in person. Those brown eyes could make your heart melt. Gloria nudged my arm as I stared, looking over at her, she gestured to Dally. I looked between them, both looking at you as if they were waiting for my response to something. I panicked, I hadn't been paying attention again. He'd been talking and I wasn't listening, if I could face palm right now without looking crazy, I would. I looked to Gloria for help but realized that if she helped me, he'd figure out that I was deaf, and at this point, I wasn't really sure if I wanted that. Shaking my head, I jumped up from the table, and rushed out the door, embarrassed beyond belief.