A deadly party

I sat upstairs with Alice as we talked. She was incredibly nice. Esme had came up and gave me a sandwich at one point which I graciously accepted. Rosalie had backed off and asked to do my hair.

"Are you sure you can handle my hair?" I asked. She nodded and smiled.

"I'm a pro at this, don't worry." I nodded. I took off my headband and glasses then grabbed the hair tie and pulled it out. My hair came tumbling down to my butt. "Oh wow, I did not expect it to be that long." Bella had just came up the stairs.

"She's been growing it out since I can remember. She never liked to cut it for anything. Anytime Mom would try she would say no and an arguement would always ensue." I rolled my eyes.

"If Mom would ever respect any of my rules or boundaries that I set up, it would be fine. She wanted me to be you but I'm not you or her. I'm my own person." Bella sighed.

"That's what you said the day you left." I remembered back on that memory.

"I remember exactly why too. Mom told me I was the one that she regretted."

"She didn't mean it River."

"She did Bells. I love her but I don't forgive her, you can think what you want of me but it won't change anything."

"I know Rain.." She said softly. I felt Rosalie's hands in my thick curly hair, slowly and gently braiding it in a french braid.

"It's been a long time since anyone's done my hair. Mom refused to because I refused to cut it so I always just kept it down or in a bun. Alice put her hand on my shoulder in compassion.

"I'm sorry she was like that to you." I smiled.

"It's fine. It's a thing of the past." When Rosalie was done I excused myself. "I'm gonna sit on your guy's balcony if that's okay?" Alice nodded.

"Yeah, that's completely fine." She smiled. I walked up the stairs to the balcony. I pulled out my phone and plugged in my headphones then put them in. I scrolled through my phone and put on Rich white girls by Mansionz.  I nodded my head softly to the beat.

"Rich white girls.. All I'm doin' is wasting my time chasing rich white girls. All they do is bitch and they whine, and tell me what could I give you that your daddy can't give you tell me what could I give?.. To a rich white girl, they only love me when I pay em know mind.." I sung it softly. I heard the door open and I glanced back to see Jasper.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked. I shrugged

"why do you ask?" He walked closer with his hands behind his back.

"I have abilities too. I can feel others emotions." My mouth turned into a small 'o'.

"That's quite interesting. I just.." I splayed my hands softly. " Zvedni ducha ohně, a tak to ovládáš.."  The fire swirled in my hands. I played with it. "I'm scared for Bella. She's a walking living target in this world, she's living a world of immortals.. She has no powers to protect her or no invincibility like you all.. Meanwhile just being around people like us, she's a target. I bet your vampire friends wouldn't take too kindly to her. And I have no shortage of enemies.. I've done things.. I've killed people. This world isn't for someone like Bella. She's too kind, to smart, she has too much life to live.." I trailed off, throwing the flame from one hand to another.

He didn't say anything to me for awhile. "She is protected by us, by you. Any enemies that come after her wouldn't come close enough to touch her." I let the flame crawl across my clothes and arm. "How.. How does your clothes not burn?" He asked.

"There made out of a fire resistant material made by a magical man named Ghastly Bespoke. He weaves magic into every thread.. He's a friend of mine."

"I should be surprised and in a way I am but honestly.. I'm a vampire who can feel emotions so it's almost mute on me by this point." I nodded.