The volturi

Bella and I both shifted nervously as we waited for Alice to return. We had made it to Italy in a timely manner, now all that was left was to find Edward and stop him from ending his life.

Jeez, both Bella and Edward were such teenagers, trying to kill themselves over one another but in a way it was endearing. They loved each other enough to die for one another. I wondered, would I ever find something like that? Probably not, I was destined to be alone forever.

Suddenly Alice pulled up in a white porsche. Bella got into the front and I got in the back.

"Where'd you get the car?" Bella asked.

"I hoped you're not opposed to grand theft auto." Alice replied.

"Not today." Alice put her foot on the gas and we sped off. When we arrived there was people in the streets in red robes everywhere. We wouldn't make it at this rate.

"Why are they all wearing red?" Bella asked.

"San Marcos Day festival. The perfect setting. Large crowds. The Volturi won't let him get far enough to reveal himself - he's counting on that."

"We only have five minutes." Bella said frantically. Suddenly Alice screeched to a halt. A road block stopped us in our path, police waving us back. Shit.

"Get out, now!" I shouted. I opened my door and so did Bella.

"Where's the square?" Bella asks to Alice. Alice pointed.

"Follow that lane, He'll be under the clock tower!" Bella and I both started sprinting in that direction.

"River, can you teleport us?!"She yelled over the roar of the crowd. I shook my head.

"I can't teleport to a place I've never been before!" She cursed and we kept running. Bella tumbled a little and I grabbed her arm and pulled her up and we kept going. We weaved through the crowd of people, looking around. Suddenly beyond the fountain I saw Edward slowly unbuttoning his shirt.

"Bell, there he is!" I pointed. She whipped her head to him. We heard a gong and suddenly she was running towards him, through the fountain. As he unbuttoned his last shirt he took a step into the light. I suddenly saw his hand which was out in the sun, start to sparkle and that's when Bella tackled him. They both fell back into the shadows.

I sighed in relief pulled my hoodie down which had ridden up after running so much. I also let down my long hair which had gotten messed up from its bun as we ran. I took off my glasses and wiped the fog away of them and put them back on. Felling hot, I took off my hoodie and tied it around my waist. (www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=237394774 outfit)

Suddenly Alice was next to me.

"Did she make it?" She asked I nodded and smiled. She suddenly looked down at my arms.

"I've never seen your tattoos before. I didn't know you had any." She grabbed my arms and examined them.

"That's because it's too cold in Forks to wear anything besides a long sleeved shirt or a jacket." She laughed.

"True. Let's go get those two." As we walked over to them both of our grins fell as we saw two vampires in hoods with them.

We walked towards them and Alice pulled off the white hood she had been wearing.

"Come on guys," She said easily with a smile on her face but a glint in her eyes. "It's a festival. We wouldn't want to make a scene." She put herself in a protective stance next to Edward. Both the vampires glanced at each other then at her then to me. They sized me up, trying to figure out who I was. I pulled out my cane and pointed it towards them.