The Mirrors (See Part 3 End Before Reading Part 4)

The cannon was about to be fired and he hadn't reached the position. He had to take the shot. He waited patiently for the cannon to be fired. He was nervously making mental calculations by the judging the speed of canon blaster and the reaction time of the guards shooting it. He shot the pistol at the guards which startled them. They fired the canon in hurry. He took a leap of faith and threw a grenade in front of the cannon. The cannon shot at the same time and hit the grenade. There was a loud explosion, the XND looked back and saw the cannon. The gust from explosion hit the XND. His black robe shifted and revealed his metal body with weapons attached to it. He fired with his full might and destroyed the cannon. As the smoke cleared out he saw a man running towards his direction. That was the same man who asked XND to free him. He didn't want him to be out. He had realised what had happened. Somehow the man had stopped the cannon beam that was directed towards him.
As the XND's robe flew, it revealed his metallic body. There were weapons attached to the inside of his body. The XND's had physical modifications like a cyborg. The man was astonished, it was his first time seeing an XND.  
"I said you would need me. By the way I am Apello." the man said.
The escaper didn't say anything. The guards who were following from behind started to fill up the corridor.

"Let's go, more are coming from the front." the XND said. They both ran towards the upper levels. There were more cells in the upper levels. 

"I think we should release other prisoners too!" Apello said.
"How many Perchers do you have waiting outside?" the XND snarked.
"Releasing other prisoners would create more chaos and increase our chances of getting out of here." Apello said.
The XND agreed to it. They started shooting down the cell lock circuits. The prisoners started roaring loudly. Within minutes there were hundreds of prisoners in the vestibule.
The androids came in from the front and started shooting down the prisoners.
Apello saw this as an opportunity and sneaked to the secure storage facility to get back his belongings.
The prison fell into ruckus. Androids were starting to fallback. The XND and the prisoners were making progress.
Android guard was guarding the storage facility. Then a laser beam put a hole in its head. Apello stepped inside the storage room. He searched for the container. He took out the case labelled '137'. That was his cell number.
3-D guidance system, Holofone and T-53, yeah. 'My T-53, I'm gonna send those motherfuckers to the real mechanical hell (The Junkyard).'
Then Apello rushed to join the XND and the other prisoners. Everything was burning and covered in smoke. Piles of androids were lying on the floor. The XND was really formidable. There was only one exit to this prison and it looked like the XND knew the way out. It was better to stick around him.
Apello was slaying the androids like plastic dolls with his T-53. He was an exceptional marksman.
His thrusters were ready and charged. They were very helpful. They doubled his agility. He was sweeping the swarm of robots like dust. He reached back to the upper level cell but the rebels had already gone to the next level. He quickly made his way to them. The XND was obliterating androids like Styrofoam objects. Apello knew XND could inflict greater damage but maybe the XND didn't want the building to collapse.
"Where is the exit?" Apello asked.
"Its on the upper level. We'll need to climb but it seems they have shut down the elevator." The XND replied.
There were no stairs in this prison. Actually stairs had become obsolete but were still being made. The prison had tube elevators. Apello knew that it wasn't possible to climb up to the next level. The drop was too deep, not to mention that the climb was also impossible. Also there were wall installed shooters which would shoot you down as you come in it's proximity.
Apello smelled that the XND was planning something else and he sure wasn't planning to bring others with him. Apello continued following him. He kept a close eye on the XND.
The alarms were blaring louder and louder. We reached an abandoned reception. The dim sunlight was pouring in through the glass roof. We had almost reached the surface.
We could hear footsteps of the android guards coming in. They had figured out where we were. Then the wall shooters pointed towards us and the air around us started to fill with some kind of gas. They were going all out on us. If guards couldn't take us, then the wall shooters would and even if the wall shooters failed the gas would do its job. Apello knew this but he didn't seem to worry. Guards came and surrounded them. They were stuck in the center. The gas was closing in on the center. One by one people started falling down. Apello's eyes got blurry. He couldn't think of anything else. The gas was slowing down his mind. In the end all of the mess was for nothing. He fell on his knees and looked around for the XND. All he could see was the green colored gas. He fell down to the ground.
Suddenly Apello heard a loud roar coming from nearby. It was as if jet engines were powered up. He faintly opened his eyes and looked upward. He could see a huge figure flying towards the roof.
'That damned bastard. I knew he was planning something else. He deliberately brought us here, so that he could escape while leaving all of us back.' Apello thought.
He slowly slid his hand inside his pocket and struggled to find something. Then he pressed it.
The XND was flying high towards the roof. He was just a few meters away from freedom. Suddenly he felt a pull from downward. He started to slow down a bit. He looked down to see what was holding him back.
The XND saw a strange shining cord on his left thigh pulling him down towards the smoke. He tried to shoot on the cord to break it but to his astonishment the laser passed through the cord leaving it intact. It seemed ethereal. He increased his thrust and flew upwards. Then lifting from the smoke he saw Apello coming upwards. 

It was Apello who had placed the cord. He must have placed it when the XND was distracted.
The XND shot down the glass roof with his blaster. Apello was pulled above with force. He was slinged towards the sky as the XND drastically slowed down to land. Apello could feel cold smoke free air. He barely came back to consciousness. He quickly unplugged the cord. He was free falling towards the ground. He turned on his thrusters. The thrusters slowed down his descent and he landed beside the XND.
Then Apello turned back to the XND. To his shock the cravat from his face was missing. He stared at the XND in awe. His jaw dropped to the floor as he stared at the him in bewilderment.
Apello couldn't figure out what was happening and was thrown into confusion. Apello couldn't believe what he saw. The XND and Apello looked exactly the same. Their faces were perfectly identical.