The Reincarnation

The machine opened its eyes. The body was still as death but the eyes were staring straight between the air. It was like they were dreaming of the heavenly chaos. Its face twitched.
Apello was sad and confused. Then he saw it scan the room while lying down on the platform with its eyes. Apello came a bit close and let out a whisper saying "Nio?!". Nio thought he was in an another state of dream and wasn't sure whether it was a reality. He started to tremble a bit. His fingers and toes flickered. The systems were starting. The pseudo vitals were starting. Nio was breathing.
"It will take a while for the machine to start as the system is uploading all the schematics to the main computing unit. It reconfigures the functions of various parts of the body." XND said. "After the system is reconfigured then the consciousness is booted to the system." he added. Its limbs were starting to respond. The vitality platform was overflowing with data. Apello came closer to get a better look at his face. Nio's face was twisting and scanning the room. He turned towards Apello. His eyes grew darker as the aperture of his lens expanded. A familiar face greeted Nio. Nio felt a mixed feeling of being surprised and happiness. Apello greeted him with a sad smile. Nio could detect the sadness in his smile, he mumbled "Apello?!" .
He quickly got up. He turned towards Apello, smiling heartily. Apello was brimming with tears but he was trying hard to fight it. Nio sat on the platform facing Apello and Apello came closer. Apello was speechless. The machine looked exactly like Nio, it sounded like Nio, it moved like Nio.
Apello still smiling sadly asked "Nio! How are you?"
Nio was so overwhelmed to see him, he got up and embraced Apello. He smiled and replied "I'm fine." Nio grabbed the back of Apello's forehead and pulled his head to embrace him. Apello flashed back to the time when he last met Nio. Nio was leaving to work for the government. Apello had always admired Nio and looked up to him. Apello didn't want him to go. Nio embraced Apello and whispered in his ears, "We will always find our way to each other, either in this life or as the one."
Nio also believed in the faith of The One.
Nio was holding Apello and then he whispered the same words to him "We will always find our way to each other, either in this life or as the one."
Apello couldn't hold back no more. Tears bursted out of his eyes, he was overflowing with emotions. He couldn't contain himself. A familiar warmth ran through his body, he felt safe again.
Then he paused for a while. Then he asked "But what are you doing here? This is a well hidden secret government facility. How did you get here?"
Apello was confused with the question. Holding his tears back, he blurted "You gave me your coordinates, Don't you remember?"
Nio was in disbelief.
"I never gave you the coordinates to this location. This is a well hidden government facility. No one other than the authorised members can enter here. Also this facility has a hundred guards to prevent any kind of trespassing." replied Nio. As soon as he finished the sentence, he looked around. The room was weirdly empty. The room is always filled with scientists and engineers. This was the center of the research and training facility. He was puzzled. He looked at Apello for answers. Apello was overwhelming with sadness and love but he couldn't express it.
"What's going on?" Nio asked Apello.
"The facility was abandoned." said Apello.
"When?" asked Nio.
Apello didn't wanna answer the question, he felt a lump in his throat.
"10 years ago" replied XND with firm voice.
Nio turned to the voice. He couldn't make sense of the answer. But as he turned towards the voice, he was shocked to his bone. He couldn't make sense of what he saw either. He saw a big guy with same face as that of Apello. He couldn't make sense of any of that. The answer and the person who said it, both didn't make sense at all. He looked at XND from top to bottom.
"It has been 10 years since this lab was abandoned." Apello jumped in finding strength to speak.
Nio turned back towards Apello. It felt like he was living a very weird nightmare. He couldn't make sense of anything that was happening, Apello being at the facility with his identical twin whom he has never seen before, the lab being abandoned 10 years ago. Everything was confusing. He looked back at Apello for answers.
"You have been asleep for 10 years." Apello finally came ahead and said it.
The sound of Apello echoed in Nio's head. He was finally getting idea of what was happening but he wanted to hear it from someone else.
"The war was over 10 years ago and the lab was abandoned. You have been asleep here for 10 years." Apello restated.
Apello showed Nio the Atomic Watch on the screen of the platform. Nio was dumbstruck. He couldn't speak. He couldn't understand why he was asleep for such a long time.
XND walked towards Apello. He signalled Apello to talk to him privately.
"I don't think it knows that it gave you the coordinates itself. Moreover, I don't think it realises that it's a machine." XND whispered.
Apello had realised it too. He just didn't wanna talk about it.
"Please, don't tell him that he's a machine. I'll tell him myself." Apello requested.
XND accepted as it was none of his business.
Apello turned towards Nio and said "I don't know why you were in hibernation for 10 years, to be honest I thought that you were dead."
Nio was still puzzled and needed answers.' He remembered going into hibernation several times, could it be that the scientists didn't wake him when the facility was being attacked and maybe that's why he was locked in.' thought Nio.
He wanted to know more about what happened in these 10 years, moreover he wanted to meet his mother.
"How is my mom?" asked Nio.
"I haven't been in contact with aunt elli since 5 years." replied Apello.
Nio was disappointed. He got off the platform. He still had some questions.
"How did you get here?" Nio asked.
"I have been searching for you from a long time. I did some investigation and finally found your coordinates. After the war the classified government files were not hard to find." Apello replied.
Then Nio turned towards XND.
"Who is he?" asked Nio.
"He is a clone made in an experiment." Apello replied sheepishly.
XND shot a glare at Apello.
Suddenly Nio started getting flashes of memories. These flashes were like dreams.
"I saw you in my dreams. The dream was recurring. I was trying to reach you but every time I got close, the dream would start again." Nio said.
Apello guessed the dream were connected to Nio trying to contact him sub consciously. Apello wanted to distract Nio from the topic as it could lead him to know the truth.

XND walked towards Nio. Nio cringed when he saw XND. He felt weird around him because he looked exactly like Apello. He wondered what Apello must feel.

"We should move out of here as quickly as possible. The Dystopians would be dispatching reinforcements. After they chase out the Fallout Ghosts, they will be looking for us. They know that we are here. We should head forward to Oculus de Marina Base." said XND.

Nio came closer he stared into XND's eyes.
"How do you know about the Oculus de Marina base." asked Nio.
XND knew it was a secret government facility. It was used by the Alliance. It was a covert operations and research facility. Only the Alliance leaders and the top officials only second to the Alliance leaders knew about the facility. There was no human staff on this facility. It was maintained by Artificially Intelligent robots.
"It's also called the gateway to hell!" Nio smirked. Apello raised his eyebrows in disbelief.

"I have been there only once in my life. Is it still functional?" asked Nio.

"Yes, it is very much functional, but it might be different from what you remember. If we want to stay safe from the Dystopians and the Ghosts then we must hurry towards the base!" said XND.

"Okay, lets go the base. But we are gonna need a vehicle. I have my Percher parked somewhere in the desert." said Apello. He checked his Global Tracking System, it was not that far.

"Alright, lets move." Apello said.

All of them moved out to the main facility. There the Robot which attacked at Apello was standing still. As soon as Nio came outside, the Robot's eye started glowing. It turned towards Nio and started following him. Apello and XND stared at Nio.

"I was implanted with an AI chip and that allows me to control machines in which I can hack into. I want to bring MG-13 with me. I think it will be useful." Nio explained.

Apello nodded.
"Also we have some high end military grade weapons, if you are interested." Nio added.

Suddenly XND seemed a lot excited. He knew the government research labs like these had many ultra advanced military weapons even by today's standards.

"Lead the way." Apello said.

"Good! I also needed some time to make some upgrades to MG-13. Lets go." said Nio and pointed them to the door on the other end.