Chapter 3

Chapter 3

*10 months later*

{Adrian's P.O.V}

I followed Dr. Thuddy, to her office. Her heels clacked rhythmically against the floor. My gaze wandered around observing and absorbing my surroundings.

I tried not to look at the different people I passed fearing I'd weird them out from staring. All the surrounding white made my head hurt. I know this is a psychiatric hospital but I think personally a little color here and there wouldn't hurt.

The clacking abruptly stopped and I ran into her back. Honestly I had forgotten I was still following Thuddy. She wasn't making much conversation.

"Watch where you are going Mr. Smith," she said firmly and straightened up. She casually unlocked the door to her office and stepped in expecting me to keep following.

My fingers brushed over the name plate outside her door. Dr. Storm Thuddy, was carved carefully on the cool metal sign. Someday I'll be an accomplished psychologist just like her.

The smell of leather and books greeted me as I stepped in, a smell that I actually quite like. It was such an honor to be here, excitement knotted in my gut as I sat down in front of her desk. Being her apprentice was an absolute honor, an honor every almost-psychologist in college wants to have. She is the best around and I get to be trained by her. Yes! I'm so happy I could die, but I won't because I would lose this awesome opportunity!

"So Mr. Smith did you look over the packet I had sent to you last week?" she asked, I nodded quickly, of course I wouldn't risk being unprepared. She sent me a packet to see which case of the ones she offered I would like to oversee. So in short she's giving me a patient of hers to take over! My first psychologist job! She will still be checking over my notes and stuff but the patient is all mine.

"Yes I did," I looked through the papers in my backpack and pulled out the sheet from the pack that said one of the patients on it. Me being the brown nosing show off I am, I picked one of the hardest cases mainly to impress of course.

"You picked Carter Willows?" she asked incredulously looking at me either intrigued or surprised either way it was accompanied by a small smile. "Yes I did, his case seemed the most interesting," they hadn't gotten to boy to say anything since he's been here or in the hospital. Seems just challenging enough to keep me interested.

"Well have fun trying to break through is carefully crafted exterior and to make him speak. If u can u will b the first of many to try," she handed me a map of the place with his room circled. Wait I have to start today!? I figured it would be tomorrow, I'm so unprepared! But despite my doubts I smiled proudly and left her office to walk down the long white and cold corridors.

I turned that damn map upside down and backwards but I couldn't make damn heads or tails of it. I'm not a frigging neuro-rocket-scientologist how the hell do I read it?! I managed to read Mr.Willows's room was number 323. Well I'll just find it myself I have an imaginary gps and it shall guide me.

It took me half a damn hour to find the elevator to take me to the third floor. I sighed audibly, Ohh look another white wall like I haven't seen a million of them already. And just randomly I found myself flying towards the floor I barely caught myself! I could have hurt my face! "What the hell," I muttered and sat up to see what had tried to break me.

When I turned around I saw what had to be the cutest little boy ever. He looked at me and brushed his ebony hair out of his eyes. "Mister I'm sorry I didn't mean to!" he jumps up and runs over to me and tries to help me up even though he's way to little to do anything. Awwww I feel like such a pedo right now but he's so cute.