Chapter 4

Chapter 4

{Carter's P.O.V}

Did that, admittedly hot, guy just walk into my room and throw my book!? What the hell!? I looked at him incredulously and glared at him. God help him if I can't find the page I was on.

"It was an accident, I'm sorryyyyy Carter," How dare he walk in and throw my stuff around! How would he like it if I screwed his room up? Well I don't know, but I bet he would be mad!

"Do you think I'm awesome?" what kind of random ass question did he just ask me? Slowly I shook my head no, I'm not being quick to judge I just don't know anything about him. Except he threw my book! Why is he being so dumb anyway? Does he know how many people have tried and failed to get me to talk these last seven and a half months. To be honest I just want to go home. But I'm afraid.

What if Talon shows up at my house?

What if he tries to finally end my never-ending life?

"So why are you here?" I looked at the bed and shrugged. Of course I know why I'm here but I'm not breaking my seven and a half month no talking streak. Why ask me? Does he think I'll tell him I attempted suicide? Well he shouldn't because I won't. Talking brings up painful memories. Besides everyone knows "snitches and talkers get stitches and walkers". The thought of uttering a word makes my stomach knot and churn. My first words in months could be my last if I say the wrong thing.

This guy, I think he said his name is Adrian, seems pretty nice but I don't want to say something I would later regret.

"Where did you get that scar on your cheek?" My hand immediately went to the disfiguring scar that laid upon my cheek. I covered it self consciously. Even if I was talking what could I say to that? My sadistic ex-boyfriend cut me with a knife? Yea that won't be giving away too much information at all. Hint hint, sarcasm, hint.

"Hmm.....Oh I have an idea!" Adrian jumped from his chair and ran out of my room only to run back in a couple minutes later and scare me to death. He tossed a small, about the width and height of a textbook, white board at me and a skinny black expo marker. And when he threw it to me I nearly jumped out of my skin. While he probably saw an object being casually dropped onto my bed I saw a fist coming towards my unprepared body and catching me off guard.

My heart pounded loudly in my ears and I picked the two objects up tentatively. "I didn't mean to scare you, why did that startle you do much?" The sound in his voice seemed to be worry, as if someone actually worries about me. It's just his job to ask questions in all actuality if I walked by him on the street he wouldn't bat an eyelash at me.

He jotted something down on the clipboard he must've gotten when I wasn't paying attention. He's just compiling everything that is wrong with me. The list for what's right about me would be shorter.

Shaking softly from the scare, which shook up my disturbingly frayed nerves, I uncapped the marker and shrugged in response to his previous question.

"Ok this is how this is going to work, I ask you a question and you write the answer and show it to me," Excitement was evident in his words as if he was certain this would work. Nope, I'm not doing this. Re-capping the marker I laid it back on the bed and pushed it towards him showing my disinterest. He pouted cutely at me.......cutely? What am I doing thinking like this, if Talon found out I was thinking about other guys like this he would gut me.

"Please Carter I just want to have a conversation with you I just want to know some things about you," The look on his face was so pathetic I had to humor him. If the question is too personal I'll just not answer. I picked the board up and discarded the marker cap again and waited for the first question.

"Yay, ok. Um lets see.... Do you play any instruments?"

That's easy, in my messy handwriting I wrote "I did" on the white board.

"Why don't you anymore?"

This one I thought more evasively and wrote "I broke four of my fingers on my right hand and fractured some of the bones in my right hand" more accurate would be Talon broke my fingers and my hand by slamming the key cover for the piano down on my right hand. The muscle in my hand is too weak and I'd need years of practice to work it back up so I quit.

"How did you do that?"

Easy "..." I'm not answering and if I'm not answering you're just getting dots Mr.

"Does that mean you won't answer?"

I nodded slightly.

"Well ok then, uh, how did you end up here?"

Uhm let's see "Check my patient records or something" he's not going to hear it from me. Besides why tell him when he works here and can find out for himself?

"Why don't you want to tell me?"

I simply shrugged, no point in writing it down. Writing it would be a waste of ink.

"Do you have any friends here Carter?"

Surprisingly "Yes I do". I have about two or three. First time I've had friends in almost 2 years. Talon didn't like it when I had friends. Friends ask too many questions, at least that's what Talon used to say.

"Who are your friends?" He seems more interested now.

"This like five year old kid named Alec and a twenty something year old named Abraham" I capped the pen after writing that statement and tossed both things down. I don't want to answer anymore questions, before long they will get more personal.

"I met that little kid earlier he helped me here, talked to somebody that wasn't there," He smiled reminiscing. Alec is such a cute little kid. Abraham's story is different he'll meet him later I'm sure.

"He's a nice kid, I think he shouldn't have been left here just because he has an imaginary friend," True, I can't believe his mom would just leave him here over something so trivial. But he's cute and sweet as can be.

"Did you know you're really cute?" Adrian's lips tilted up at the corners in an amused smile. Did he really just say that about a patient he's known for like half an hour and won't even talk to him? Picking up the white board and market again I wrote "Slow down Romeo, do you go hitting on all the gay men in this mental hospital?" and shoved the board up to his face.

A warm pleasant laugh filled the silence as he read,"No I don't I just thought I'd be upfront with you. You know someday you'll be mine?" I rolled my eyes, the thought of having another boyfriend scares me. One, if I so much as think about another man Talon will kill me. Two, I suppose I'm still Talon's boyfriend.

I hugged my knees to my chest and looked at my comforter. Besides I'm not cute there's this big ass scar on my face, and all my other scattered scars. I'm hideous even Talon probably doesn't want me anymore.

Adrian sensed my sorrow and stood up," I don't know what you are thinking but it looks bad. Remember I think you're cute and who cares what anyone else things try to focus on the positive. Ive gotta go now but I might come back later, bye angel," offering a sweet smile he stood up and exited my room. So sweet, he's such a sweetheart. I really hope he comes back, maybe we can be friends or hopefully maybe more when I'm less scared of Talon.

The click of the door opening made me look up.

...............What is he doing here!?

******************************************

A/N: I wonder who it is? Gasp find out next chappie loves!

The more you guys vote comment and fan the faster ill put on the next chapter and you guise will know who it is!

Go read this empty house it has like one read and makes me unhappy, it's a short story and I uploaded the first part of two so if u can force ur way through the first part you will not be displeased and I know the second part will be epic!

Read my servant if u haven't already it's the most popular!

Vote and comment on all my stories! Yay!

-Uni