Chapter 6

Chapter 6

{Adrian P.O.V}

Well halfway back to my mentors office I remembered that I owned a backpack and it's not with me.

"Alec I forgot my backpack, help me get back to Carter's room," Angel is beginning to grow on me he's adorable. He's so troubled though, I wish he would open up to me or at least talk some. I wonder what's hidden behind those clear blue eyes.

"Mister Adriannnnn," Alec whined.

"Alllleeeeeecccccc I'm sorrrrryyy,"

He heaved a small sigh and grabbed my hand and started retracing our steps. Awe he's such a sweet little kid.

"I'm bringing you ice cream tomorrow for this bro," That lightened his mood and he smiled brightly. Well note to self if I want to improve his mood bribe him with Ice cream. Although I think he's going to kill me one day if I have to keep asking him for directions and making him lead me around. Eh oh well. The bright side is I get to see Carter again.

We walked through the winding white hallways for what seemed like forever.

"Victor says he thinks you like Carter," Did I just get called out by an imaginary friend? This fake kid has balls.

"Well I do like him,"

"Are you gay?"

"I didn't even know that word when I was four,"

"Well Carter told me what it means. He said it means when a boy likes another boy or a girl likes another girl. Do you like him like that?"

"I don't feel like I should be talking to you and victor about this stuff,"

"Why?"

"Because you two are only four,"

"That's a dumb reason,"

"Nuh uh," I snorted and he giggled. GAWD this kids parents are the crazy ones, why would anyone leave this kid here just because he has some imagination? Well they are stupid faces and should kicked in the asshole.

"You need to learn how to get through this hospital by yourself mister,"

"Now why is that? Tiring of my company already?"

"Noooo I'm just sayin',"

"Hey Alec, how often do people visit you?"

"Like what people?"

"Like your family,"

He looked at the ground and his pace slowed, "Well never, my mommy calls me sometimes but nobody visits me," Awe poor kid, some people don't deserve to have children.

Alec rubbed at his eyes with the back of his arm and sniffled. Did I just make him cry? I'm a terrible person!

I kneeled down beside him and hugged him tightly. "Hey buddy don't cry, I'm sorry," I'm not shocked that he has abandonment issues his parents practically abandoned him here. He had to have been scared, a four year old who was one day seen talking to himself just gets dumped off to "get better" with a bunch of people he doesn't know.

His small frame quivered softly as he cried against my shoulder. There is really nothing I can do right now besides comfort the little guy. Alec sniffled softly his fingers digging into the back of my shirt as if I might be ripped away if he doesn't.

"I didn't mean to make you cry Alec, we can talk about it if you wanna ok?" He withdrew from my hug and nodded.

He sniffled and rubbed at his eyes again. The tears made red tracks down his face and turned his previously happy look to one of despair.