Advice

Himika moved her fingers, feeling around her to try and find where she was. 

"You awake Himika?" A playful voice asked.

Himika opened her eyes and sat up, taking in her surroundings. She was in a field of white and red camilia's and standing above her was a boy around her age. He had dark green hair and dull green eyes, he wore red glasses, a baggy blue sweater and black sweat pants.

"Who are you?" Himika asked.

The boy sighed. "It's me! Shin!"

"Where are we?" Himika asked.

"Your head," He replied. "Or as I like to call it, the Mindspace."

"Why am I here?" She asked.

"Because I brought you here!" Shin answered.

Himika's face twitched in annoyance. "But why did you bring me here?"

"I wanted to offer you some advice." He answered. "About the argument you and Kaneki had."

"What kind of advice could you possibly give me?" Himika asked. "Your advice is going to get me in trouble."

"That may be true, but I can help you out in the long run." Shin argued.

"How?" Himika asked, her voice sharp.

"Think about it. I've been a ghoul my whole life, I can help you with your kagune." He answered.

"Clearly you weren't a good ghoul, you ended up dead." Himika said.

"Ouch." Shin faked being hurt, a playful smile on his face.

Himika didn't smile back, she simply shook her head and crossed her arms.

"Do you ever smile?" Shin asked, getting closer to Himika.

"No reason to smile." She replied, taking a wary step back.

Shin walked up to Himika so they stood face to face. He gave her a smirk before reaching for her face. He tugged the corners of her lips until her face was in a forced smile.

"Jeez, smiles sure look weird on you." Shin said, dropping his hands.

"Yeah and it's weird to imagine someone like you being a binge eater." Himika retorted.

"Touché." He sighed.

Shin sat down in the field of camilias and laid back. Himika slowly walked over and sat across from Shin.

"What are you going to do Himika?" Shin asked, still gazing up at the white sky. "Stay with your 'brother' or go back to Antieku. Or, you could always go off on your own."

"Are those really my only options?" Himika asked.

Shin sat up suddenly and looked Himika in the eye with a mischievous smile.

"Or, there's option four." He said, his smile never wavering.

"What's option four?" Himika asked.

"Let me take the reins." Shin replied. "I can make decisions for both of us."

A few drops of a dark red substance landed on some white camilias, turning them red.

"No." Himika replied. "Not happening."

"I figured as much." Shin sighed, laying back down.

"Are you still going to teach me about my kagune?" She asked.

"Sure." Shin agreed.

"How will you teach me?" Himika asked. "Last time I checked we were in my head."