Chapter 16

Alex

I was just getting up to get some water when there was a loud thumping on the front door. At first I didn't want to answer it because it was super late but then again, it may be an emergency.

When I opened it Liam was standing there. He was wobbling and then he just collapsed. I screamed at the sudden notice of blood all over his head and running down his face and neck.

Within seconds all the boys were downstairs and looking at Liam in horror.

Zayn quickly took action and began to pick Liam up with the help of Harry and Louis. They got him over to the couch and laid him down. He looked......dead.......
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Zayn

After I'd checked Liam's head I was trying to decide if I should take care of it myself or take him to a hospital. But then again we might not have time to get there.

I dug through my kit and found my Staples. Liam had a giant split in the right back side of his head.

Louis and Harry are helping me to hold him upright while I staple up his head.

This is a lot easier because he's passed out. But also bad because passing out with a head injury is never good.

As I put in the last staple I found some ointment in the kit and put it on it. I sighed with relief. Now I just need to get him cleaned up.

"Harry run and get me some warm water and a rag" I say looking over his head again to make sure that I didn't screw up.

Once I was satisfied I had Louis help me. He took the warm water from Harry and helped me clean all the blood off of him.

I look over to Harry for a split second "go grab him a clean shirt" I said trying to get the other one off.

Liam would kill me if I cut this shirt. It's his favorite shirt. But I can't seem to get it off so I may have to.

I reach over and grab my scissors. Louis gives me a sad look and I start to cut away the shirt.

After that it was really easy to get it off him. We threw it out and put the new shirt over his head once we cleaned the remaining blood off his body.

That was exhausting but I still have to wrap his head. "Louis take Alex outside to get some air, Niall come help Harry and I" I said not looking at any of them because I was trying to find the gauze and Ace bandage.

Louis got up after Niall had take his place and hugged Alex while leading her out the front door. She needed to be away from all this.

"She thinks this is her fault" Niall said looking at Harry. I shook my head "keep him as still as you can" I say placing the gauze carefully on his head.

Harry looked more worried than he was. What was up with them? Niall, Harry, and Alex have been acting really weird.

Before it was just Niall and Harry. They would talk for hours without us. And sometimes I swear I heard Harry crying. I've rarely seen Harry cry.

Something was going on between them and I'm determined to find out what. We rarely ever keep things to ourselves. It's become a habit.

I just hope their not hiding something life threatening. That's the thing I worry about most.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Harry

I'm really worried about Alex. If she thinks this is her fault... she'll most likely hurt herself for it. Niall has the same worried expression and Zayn just looks extremely confused.

We really hate keeping this from the other boys but it's not exactly something that's easy to talk about or show.

I really need Zayn to hurry and finish so I can go check on Alex. Right when he's about to finish there's a bunch of yelling outside.

Niall and I both look at Zayn and he quickly finishes and then we lay him down.

As soon as he's done I run out the door.

Alex is walking backwards from Louis. They're walking down the driveway. Alex's sleeves are pulled up and she's crying.

"Stay away from me!" She screams at Louis. He looks hurt but I have no idea what happened. I run over to Alex and pull her into a hug. She fights me at first. Beating against my chest "let me go!" She screams.

They all looked confused as I just hold her tight. "It's all my fault!" She yells at no one.

I rub her back "it's not your fault Alex" I say quietly. She pushes me away and steps back "yes it is! Every time I think that my life is finally okay! Something bad happens! This just proves it!" She yells at us.

She has tears streaming down her face now. "I don't deserve to live Harry! No one needs me here! I'm just a walking piece of crap that people walk all over and I'm sick of it!"

Niall is slowly making his way to Alex. Step by step he gets closer. "I should just leave and do what people have been telling me to do.... I should go jump off a bridge, or get hit by a car!"

Niall gets to her just in time before she's about to run. He wraps his arms around her tightly and holds her close. She screams at him and hits him but there is no way he's letting her go.

I inch my way over to them and hug her tightly. Niall looks over at the other boys to come join us.

They hesitate at first but then come hug her as well. "Alex no one here wants you dead" Louis says. "We all love you so much" he's starting to cry a little and so is Niall.

I can feel the tears in my eyes but I want to stay strong for her. She just continues to cry and sob while we hug her tightly.

She's starts to move around and I think maybe she's claustrophobic so I start to let go. So do all the other boys.

As soon as we do she books it down the driveway towards the street. I've gotta admit she's extremely fast but I have to get her now.

I yell at the boys to stay there and I run after her. Come on Alex....