Chapter 31

Alex

Finding a job was actually a lot tougher than I thought it would be. I was hoping it wouldn't come easy but I'd hoped that I would at least succeed in finding one.

I have been all over town and no one so far is hiring. But I don't want to give up yet, I REALLY want this.

Driving down 1st I turn the corner onto Holmes and there right in front of me was a huge sign "Now hiring!" Is read. I smiled and looked at the tiny words near the bottom.

It was a clothes store. It said requirements will be discussed with manager. I quickly jot down the address before rushing, as quickly as the law would let me, to the clothing store.

The sign on the building was big. Neon Pink glowing letter that said "Almiras" (All-my-rahz). It looked pretty cute actually.

I walked through the door and was immediately greeted by a tall boy with a huge smile on his face. His hair was combed to the side and looked very perfect. He was wearing a light blue button up shirt with a buttoned vest over it and a tie.

He was very tall and very thin. "Hello! Welcome to Almiras! I love that shirt your wearing. Let me know if I can help you with ANYTHING" he says excitedly.

I smile at him "actually I have a question!" I exclaim and his eyes just light up. "Really?!" He says excitedly. "No one ever asks me questions..." He says quietly to himself. I laugh and he smiles again.

He stands up straight and nods his head for me to continue. "So I saw a sign that you guys were hiring. I just wanted to know if that was still an offer?" I ask looking at him with hope.

"Of coarse! Follow me I'll take you to see Morgan!" He says grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the back of the store. "Morgan has been anxiously waiting for SOMEONE to come. She wants new faces!"

I nod and smile. I like this guy, he's funny. He stops at a door along the back wall and knocks on it quietly. There was a faint "come in!" Before he rushed into the room with me close behind.

"Parker! How ARE you?" the woman asked getting up from her chair. She looked very fancy. Knee high tight royal blue dress. Her platinum blonde hair up in a tight bun with a few strands hanging around her face.

She wore white pearls around her neck, wrist, and in her ears. Her makeup looked professional.

Parker turned to me and smiled "she's here for the job" he says extending a hand in my direction. She looks at me and just smiles. "Hello Darling. My name's Morgan, tell me about yourself" she says looking at me with curiosity.

I take a deep breath "My name is Alexandra Oran, um.... I'm almost 19 and to be completely honest with you. I've never been clothes shopping beside once when my guy friends when they decided I needed something new." I say looking up at her.

Parker smiles at me and Morgan continues to sit there and stare at me with a look of concentration. I started to doubt myself. She's not gonna want me.

Finally a smile breaks on her face and she looks at Parker. "She's definitely gonna need to be trained. But she'll make an amazing fashion advisor one day." She says turning back to her desk.

"Well Miss Alexandra, I suggest you go home and get lots of beauty rest. You have a big day tomorrow!" She says waving us out with a smile.

Parker grabs my hand and rushed me out and closed the door behind him. "That was awesome! I can't wait to start working with you. I'm sorry we haven't been properly introduced. I'm Parker, Parker Woods" he says holding out his hand to me.

I smile and shake his hand "Alexandra Oran. My friends call my Alex" I say letting go of his hand. He nods "Well Alex, just to get this out of the way. Yes I'm gay, but if your bothered by it it's okay!" He says cheerfully.

That was actually a question I was wondering. "I'm not bothered by it, it is actually an advantage here." I say looking around the store. He nods "right?!"

After we talk a little longer it's time for me to go. I've been out all day and need to get home. The boys are probably having the time of their lives. But I need to get home to make sure the house isn't on fire.