Chapter 3

Niall

I didn't get any sleep that night. I kept thinking of what fell out of the wallet. She must be so hurt to be able to do that to herself.

Harry suggested that since tomorrow was a Saturday we could go make sure she was okay. It was a little strange having to random guys show up to check on you....but Harry said she just needed to know someone cared.

She must feel so alone....

It was 5am and it was Saturday but we wouldn't be leaving for at least a few hours. Harry said no one would even open their doors before 7 because it was too early. No one was even out before that.

She was making me restless though. The terrified look on her face. The stammering, the fear....

I decide to get up and take a shower. The cool water running down my back. Waking me up and making me think about yesterday again.

When Harry was younger he was scared to tell anyone he was getting abused because of his dad. He told me about a year ago. He had a really rough day because it was the anniversary of his mom's death.

He was hurting himself and I found him in the middle. He was so sad and I'd never seen him cry before that. He is doing so much better with letting it go. I have a feeling that he's gonna do everything he can to make sure Alex doesn't share the same ending as he had.

She's so young and has a beautiful life ahead of her. And no one should ever be treated that way.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Alexandra

It was Saturday morning and I was hiding in my room. I had wrapped my arm and put on a long sleeved shirt so he wouldn't see the bandages.

He would be so angry if he did. I need to go for a walk. Maybe I'll walk down to the park again. Get some food from a food cart or something with the little money I had left it my wallet. My wallet.... Where was it?

I began frantically looking for it in my jacket and backpack. It was gone. It must've fallen out of my jacket pocket when I fell yesterday.

Oh no....he's gonna kill me. It has our address. The boy. He might return it. Dad will be so mad....

I have to find it.

Quickly getting dressed I run down the stairs to the front door for my shoes. "Where do you think your going?!" I hear him yell from behind me.

Dang it.

I slowly turn around "I-I was just going to take a walk. I need some air" I mumble under his intense glare.

"You mean so you can go rant to more people about your sad worthless life?!" He screams. He kicks my ankles and my feet fall out from under me.

I hit the ground hard and cry out as my arm smacks against the small table by the door. He kicks me in the stomach and I struggle to breath. "Your not going anywhere...from now on I want you to come home right after school....no excuses or exceptions!" He yells and walks towards the kitchen.

I wanted to shout at him because school is out and I'm stuck here for the summer.

My stomach and arm scream in pain as I lay on the ground and cry. I slowly drag myself up the stairs and to my room. My side is killing me.

I drag myself to the window seat on the front wall of the house. It looks out over our neighborhood and I can see the whole yard and all the way down the street in both directions depending on where I'm sitting.

The tears stream down my face as I look down at my yard. It looks so beautiful on the outside, my house, but on the inside it's a horror.

I situate myself so I'm comfortable and then I see a few guys walking down the street this way. There looking around as if they're lost.

Something is familiar about the shorter one. I can barely see him but he seems....

Oh. My. Gosh.

It's the boy from yesterday.

He probably found my wallet.

He's looking for my house.

I'm gonna die... My dad is gonna kill me.