Chapter 4

9 Years Later

9 years later, I'm 32 now, close to 33 years old, single, never married, I'm still a boss of the company, it's for computer tech stuff, I think it's going to be my career, it's all I know, all I am good at, I got the extension built on my home when I was 27.

I had met someone, her name was Tiffany, I met her when I was 26, she moved in with me 2 months into the relationship, I thought I found my lady, so it was time to get the extension done, I paid to have 2 fairly big bedrooms made and a bathroom, I also got a back garden made, decent size, big enough to throw parties in it, have a pool in it, you get the gist, they were built within a year.

I asked her to marry me after 2 years of being together, she said yes, 2 months later she told me she was pregnant, I was happy that I was about to become a father at 28 for the first time.

Then one day I got home early from work, I decided to surprise her with a potential wedding date, I walked in the front door and heard moaning, very sexual moaning, I went to my room and nobody was in there but I could hear moaning, it was her, she was loud, I then looked in one of the bedrooms, the one that had a made bed for the child when they were old enough, the other room had baby stuff in, she was 6 months gone, I found her full on having sex with my friend Ryan, I was so upset, my friend and my fiancé, having sex behind my back, in my unborn childs room.

"What the hell is going on in here? Ryan? Tiff?" I said trying not to shout, but they did jump 6ft in the air, I shut my eyes so I didn't see them naked, more him than her, I'd seen her body.

"We're covered" She said to which I opened my eyes.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked in rage. Stupid question. "Don't answer that! Tiff, we're engaged and having a baby, Ryan you were supposed to be my friend, I know we have only been friends for a short while but still" I said.

"Carlisle, I'm sorry babe-" Tiff said.

"Don't you dare call me babe, I'm just Carlisle to you, both of you" I said.

"Carlisle, why are you home early?" She asked.

"Does it matter? What's most important is that I've just caught you cheating on me" I said.

"I'm sorry" He said.

"Don't talk to me Ryan" I said.

"Carlisle, leave him be, this is my fault" She said.

"I came home early to surprise you with a potential wedding date, and you're shagging him in our unborn childs room?!" I questioned.

"She didn't tell you then" Ryan said.

"Tell me what?" I asked confused. And that's when she broke my heart.

"The baby isn't yours, it's Ryan's" She said. I stood there not knowing whether to cry or kill him.

"How long? How long have you been fooling me?" I asked.

"We've been seeing each other for 7 months, I was going to leave you tonight, I'm not in love with you anymore, I love Ryan, I'm having his child with him" She said.

"Well then you can pack your things and move in with him" I said without a second thought about it. I wanted to be on my own.

"We'll be out of your way in 10 minutes and you'll never see us again" Ryan said.

"That better be a promise that's never broken" I said. They went to walk out of the room. "The engagement ring I gave you, I want it back, please" I said holding my hand out for it, she immediately gave it back. I went to the living room, and waited for them to leave.