Chapter 17

(A/N: This is a shorter chapter than some others have been.. But I hope you like it anyway! I may have to change my updating schedule a little bit, I have a new job that is full-time which I start on Monday, but it is night shifts, so my sleep pattern will be changing, plus I still have my part-time job, so I'm going to be literally exhausted, I'm not changing the update things yet as I'm gonna see how things go, I won't be working weekends, well, night shifts so Saturday mornings, but other than that I am off weekends.. It may change but it may not, I'll see how I go and let you know.. anyways, enjoy this chapter and let me know in the comments what you think!)

What? I swear I just heard her say the words of 'You're their Daddy'.

"Sorry, I think I misheard you, what, I'm their what?" I ask even more confused, or shocked.

"Carlisle, you are their father, their biological father, Finley and Charlotte are yours" She says almost in a whisper. Finley and Charlotte are my kids?

"I'm their Dad? I-I have a son and a daughter?" I ask, just for clarification. She nods yes, slowly.

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I should have done" She says as she starts crying.

"Yeah, you should have" I say quietly. "You know, I thought that you slept around too, around the same time we did, so it hadn't even gone through my mind that I was their Dad" I tell her. I'm freaking out.

"Oh, so now I'm one of those?" She questions.

"No, you're not, at least that isn't what I've thought since I found you again, I thought, hoped, I could build a relationship with you and I dunno, be happy" I say.

"So now you're not happy" She says.

"You know, I don't know right now, I just found out I'm a Dad to 8 year old twins" I point out.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you even the first day we met up" She says feeling extremely guilty.

"I think it's time to call it a night, I'll take you home and get Dale and Robbie" I say, I don't know what to say or do right now. I just know that I need some time to process this all.

"Ok" She whispers. We walk back to the car and I drive back to hers, in complete silence, not one word. I am kind of pissed off, she should have told me, she should have.

I pull up outside her home.

"Goodnight Sophie" I say, not looking at her.

"Bye Carlisle, I'll send Dale out" She says as she gets out of the car. I can't look at her right now. Once she goes inside and shuts the door, I take that moment to hit my hands against the steering while quite a few times.

"ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH" I vent in frustration. This is not how I expected tonight to end at all. I rest my head against the steering wheel.

"Hey man" I hear causing me to immediately lift my head up, I see Dale putting Robyn in her seat, she is fast asleep, she looks so cute.

"Hey" I say. Once Robyn is strapped in, he gets in the passenger side.

"How come you didn't come inside with Sophie?" He asks.

"Just tired" I answer as I start driving to Dales.

"She looked really upset, she tried to hide it but I saw it, did it go badly or something?" He asks.

"I- something like that" I answer.

"Oh, did you get rejected?" He asks.

"I didn't get a chance to ask her" I say. That part of trying to ask her became very awkward. She never even liked me like that, she just wanted me to be in the kids lives, by letting me fall for her all over again.