Chapter 33

(A/N: Ok, I know I was supposed to post this on the weekend, but I'm in a bit of a situation that we've been trying to deal with (criminal act situation), it is being dealt with and hopefully will be ok now. But I wanted to post this now so that I can post this next chapter hopefully on the weekend, it's a special chapter that I didn't plan on doing until literally when I started typing it, and I am actually quite happy with the chapter, for now you have this kinda boring, not completely boring chapter, I had a bit of writers block, I had the ideas but struggled to type it all and make it look decent, so hopefully it's good enough anyway. Enjoy, if you can) 

I look at her feeling guilty, I knew I should have told her, even Mrs Hall told me to tell her, I just also knew she wouldn't exactly appreciate it.

"I err, I'm sorry, I should have told you" I say with a guilty look.

"Yeah, you should have, here we all are thinking we're on a nice holiday as a family, and it's actually that you didn't want to leave us home while you were here working" She says.

"Soph, it's not like that, I'm here working for a couple of meetings over a couple of days, they're quick meetings, first thing in the morning, like today was, they're important meetings, but quick, I thought instead of me staying here for two days, we could make a holiday out of it for a week" I explain.

"Carlisle, I understand you have to travel around sometimes for work, you're a boss, it's your job, and I appreciate that you've made this into a holiday for us, but you could have and should have told me, I wouldn't have minded, I'm just a little disappointed that you weren't honest about it" She says as she walks away.

"Soph, I'm sorry, I know I should have told you, even Mrs Hall was urging me to tell you, I don't know why I didn't, but you know now so it isn't a lie anymore, can we just enjoy our time here, it's only a week" I say as I stop her walking away.

"Sure, we can enjoy ourselves, the kids deserve the fun, and I appreciate your apology, just next time, you don't need to lie about work to me" She says.

"Understood, no more lies" I nod as I kiss her cheek. "Why don't we all check out the pool for a bit?" I suggest.

"Why can't I stay mad at you for long?" She asks as a smile creeps.

"Because I'm that amazing" I answer cockily, earning a slap to the chest. "Oof, not nice" I say as I rub my chest.

"Better put your swimming trunks on" She says. And you your bikini.

"Hey kids, put your swim kits on, we're going in the pool" I call to them. They both come running in and we get into our swimming costumes and go to the pool, Finley and Charlotte jump in with floats while Sophie and I sit at the edge with our legs in the warm water.

"Look at me!" Charlotte screams as she splashes about.

"Very good sweetie" Sophie applauds. I see Finley get out of the pool and the canon ball back into it making us laugh.

"I'm going to join them" I say standing up.

"I think I'm just going to sit on the sun lounger and tan a little" She says.

"You want me to put some sun cream on you?" I ask.

"No thanks, I can manage" She says. She goes and chills out and I dive into the pool to join the kids. I can't help look over at Sophie, taking in her beauty, she looks so beautiful, and that bikini she's wearing suits her very nicely.

"Daddy throw me into the water" Charlotte demands.

"Ok" I say, and stand in front of her. "Hold my shoulders and put your foot into my hands" I instruct, she does so and I lift her up, throwing her across the pool and she splashes as she hits the water and comes back up laughing, making me laugh.