Chapter 21

(A/N: Hey guys, how you doing? I hope you are having a great weekend so far and I hope you had a great week too! I think that this story is starting to pick up a little bit, since the last few chapters, I've been seeing more people commenting and voting on the chapters which is great, I definitely feel myself like this story is getting better as it goes, the start of it was kinda alright but not great and that was partly because I had the ideas but struggled to put them into a decent chapter, until I got to these chapters where I had more of an idea and a better way of writing it all, are you enjoying this book? Do you have the same opinion as me about the older chapters? (I wouldn't blame you if you did).. The story is definitely getting better now and I can only hope you guys like it enough to keep coming back for more! Have a great weekend, and a great week next week, until the next update (sometime next saturday hopefully), see you soon!)

Sophie's POV

The last month has been depressing, I've been an emotional wreck and putting a strong, happy face on around the kids. Carlisle has really disappointed me, I kind of expected him to hate me for not telling him the truth before, but leaving the kids lives too, they keep asking about him, where he is, when they'll see him again, they really do love him. I don't like that I'm lying to them, I've told them that he's been away on a huge business trip so we may not see him for a while. Which by the way things have been going, I was right to say that.

The truth is I have fallen in love with him, that date night when he said about he how liked me, I wanted to say that I felt the same way, but for me it was more important that he knew the truth about his son and daughter, that's why I had dismissed that subject.

"Mum, I wanna tell you something about school" Charlotte comes into the kitchen as I am making lunch.

"Yeah sure" I say as I carry on.

"Well, Chloe was being horrible to Hannah and Mrs Wilson was telling them to be nice, because they started calling each other names, and then Chloe yelled that Mrs Wilson was a tart, she took it back straight away but was still sent to the head teachers office-" I interrupt her.

"Could you go and get your brother down here, lunch is almost ready" I say as I carry on making their food.

"Wait, I really wanna tell you this about school" She says. Please don't test my patience today Charlotte.

"Yeah, I wanna hear about it sweetie, but you can tell me while we eat lunch, please go and get your brother" I request.

"But I don't want Finley to know what I'm saying, he wasn't there and it's about girls too, he might make fun of the story" She says.

"Charlotte, please just do as you're told and get your brother" I say as I start getting frustrated with her.

"No, just wait, I really want to tell you" She says.

"Fine, remember it for after lunch, you can tell me once we've eaten" I say.

"Nooooo!" She whines. Ok, now I've lost my patience.

"Fine, I'll go and get him" I say as I start making my way to the stairs. Suddenly Charlotte jumps in front of me, blocking my way up the stairs.

"Please Mum!" She demands. Wait, what is going on? Why is she being like this?

"Charlotte, please move out of my way" I instruct her calmly.

"It'll only take a minute" She says.

"What are you up to?" I ask.

"Nothing, nothing at all" She says and looks to the side. There's definitely something going on. I grab her shoulders, gently, and move her out of the way.