four

I woke up the next day at noon, rolling out of bed to find something to eat. I washed off a handful of berries, eating them as I logged onto my computer. I checked my email and scrolled through tumblr for a bit before deciding to weed through the recent texts and missed calls on my phone. The majority of the messages were from family members,all of which my mum had called, no doubt. I replied to a few of the texts, deleting the rest. I noticed a unfamiliar number in the mass of texts, the message was the same as the rest, nothing new or exciting, so I deleted it too, not having a second thought. I ate the last of the berries, setting the empty bowl in the sink and then headed to the bathroom. I ran  a comb through my knotted hair and then jumped in the shower. I planned on heading down to the record store to  pick up a few records and maybe talk to Ashton. After I showered and got ready, I left my flat, walking the familiar path to the record shop.

"I'll be with you in a min- Margo Elise!"

Ashton exclaimed as I entered the store. 

"Are we still doing the middle name thing, Ashton Fletcher?"

I smiled, heading towards the rows of vinyls. I started to flip through them, pulling some out and then putting them back. Ashton soon appeared next to me.

"Looking for anything in particular?"

Ashton asked, watching as I pulled out a Fall Out Boy album and scanned the back.

"Nah, just looking."

I mumbled, moving over to the next section of vinyls. 

"I'll help you pick some. We can play them on the record player over there."

Ashton suggested, pointing to the bright blue record player sitting on a small table in the corner of the room. I sorted through the masses of  vinyls, picking out a handful that piqued my interest. Ashton had a fairly large stack of vinyls balancing them in his arms as we walked together to the record player. I put the first of many vinyls onto the player, sitting down on the hardwood floor with Ashton beside me. He drummed along to the beat of the song on the floor, looking around the room as he did it almost as if it was second nature. We listened to the next few songs without interruption, but then the door flew open.

"Ashton!"

The dark haired boy called out, taking a moment to notice Ashton and I on the floor.

"Hey, Cal. What's up?"

Ashton stood from the floor, but I remained seated. 

"I was just coming to remind you about practice tonight."

Cal, mumbled, giving me an odd look. I turned away, standing from the floor and going to look at the records again. I wasn't a social person and being stared at by strangers was definitely not something I enjoyed. 

"Yeah, I'll be there. At eight right?"

Ashton replied, keeping his attention focused on Cal. Was that his full name? Or was it some kind of shortened version of a name like Calvin? I kept my back facing towards them, I didn't want them to think I was listening in on their conversation.

"Yeah. Ash, who is that?"

Cal asked, lowering his voice slightly. I moved to the next section of records, pretending to find one that I liked.

"That's Margo. She's the girl I spilled coffee on the other day, I told you about her,remember?"

Ashton tried to whisper, neither of them had any sense of volume. 

"You said you spilled coffee on a girl, you didn't mention how fi-"

"Shut up, you're so fucking loud."