five.

I met Ashton outside my apartment a few hours later. He was convinced that it would be too hard for me to find their flat. That's right, their flat. The four boys in the band lived together. In the same flat, alone. It was on the drive there that I pondered why Calum had come to remind Ashton about the practice if they lived together in the first place. I didn't have much time to think before we arrived at the flat, only getting through two tracks on Ashton's All Time Low CD. We walked up two flights of stairs before reaching the floor where Ashton said the flat was. As we walked down the hall, yelling could be heard coming from behind one of the four doors. Turns out, the yelling was coming from Ashton's flat. 

"Since when did we start inviting people to-"

Someone yelled, stopping as Ashton through opened the door. The boy with the dyed hair, stood in front of us with an angry look on his face. I closed the door, standing behind Ashton. 

"Where's Luke?"

Ashton asked, walking into the living room. The house looked exactly like how you would imagine a house owned by four boys, a big mess. The stack of pizza boxes on the counter reminded me of the leaning tower of Pisa. There was a pile of dirty dishes set in the sink and a large amount of cans in the overflowing garbage bin.

"Right here."

Luke, the blonde haired, super tall boy that I vaguely remembered from the pictures I saw in group, called out, emerging from one of the rooms situated in the hallway. I hovered by the door, not wanting to follow Ashton around like a child. Luke glanced over at me, looking twice as if he didn't really think I was there.

"Margo,"

Ashton said turning around, expecting me to be close behind. He found me hovering by the door and waved me over. I stumbled over, standing at Ashton's side. The three other boys stood in front of me, making me feel as if I was being judged for some kind of strange contest.

"This is Michael."

Ashton pointed towards the boy with green hair, who's sour disposition had disappeared. He smiled smally and walked over to the couch, picking up a guitar.

"And this is Lucas."

Ashton gestured towards the blonde boy.

"Luke."

He stated, glaring at Ashton. He gave me a warm smile which I returned. Luke joined Michael on the couch, leaving only Calum standing in front of us.

"I feel like I've seen you before somewhere."

Calum laughed, Ashton left my side, wandering over to where the others were.

"Really? That's funny, I had the same feeling."

I smiled. Calum soon joined the others, sitting on the chair next to the couch. They all had their guitars except for Ashton, who sat on a box drum.

"You can pull over a stool or something."

Michael suggested as he tuned his guitar. I pulled one of the two bar stools away from the counter placing it close to the chair Calum was sitting in.

"What should we do first?"

Luke asked, finishing tuning his guitar.

"Gotta get out?"

Calum suggested, they all nodded in agreement. They finished playing their original song and I had to admit, they were good. They continued to play original songs which were all pretty catchy. My expectations for the band were far exceeded.  

"She's a good girl, a straight 'A'- ah fuck"

Michael stuttered in the middle of the song, making them all laugh.