Just an Extra

On set, who I was is simple. I am a mire extra to make the background seem more alive. I had no name, no personality, and no lines. Off set however, was much more complicated. I have an actual life, and a terrible crush for a celebrity on set. Finn Wolfhardt. I really, really couldn't help it. His personality was very friendly and welcoming, as I found out during my first break as he walked up and started talking to me. My time as an extra was coming to an end, and I was having a wonderful time with the entire main cast. Besides some rivalry, everyone was friendly and had a wonderful sense of humor.

           After tomorrow, I'm done with my contract, I mean, they can only use me for some many scenes before it just looks weird. I really do enjoy being an extra. I know that sounds a little weird, I mean everyone would like to be in a movie, and importantly, have a line. But being an extra, there was really no stress. It's quite easy to do your part and get in the mind set.

            To the audience, I have no meaning, nothing to worry about. Absolutely nothing to worry about, like my crush on Finn. I wish I didn't, because even if there was a small chance that he even liked me back, the media would cause serious drama. I was mostly afraid of the media. They must always mess with celebrities lives and stir up stupid drama. I seriously think media is the reason celebrity couple never, ever last long, because they saw the media stir up something completely fake. I guess they forget they are people too, and not some high-rise deity.

Oops. I went on ranting. So, yeah, I am worried about media. Suddenly, I was brought out of my thoughts by Finn.

"Hey (Y/N)!"

I straightened my posture, and properly focused on him. I examined all his features discreetly, watching as his eyes sparkled.

"Um, hey Finn. What's up?"

      "Well, I heard that your contract is ending tomorrow so, here." He pulled out a folded paper and waved into my grasp. My eyes darted at his, wondering what it was. My heart pounded, as his expression of a grin never wavered. I precariously opened the folds and was greeted with many phone numbers. Under each number was the name of a cast member. I looked up at Finn, smiling gently.

"Thanks."

            "No, thank you for deciding to be an extra here! It was wonderful to have you here!" He exclaimed, wrapping me in an overdramatic hug. I laughed, trying to hide the fact I was turning red. As he let go, he remarked with a small smile. "I should probably get to set!" He turned around the corner. I was just about to get very squealy, before he came back and playful said, "Call me!" I laughed at his antics.

             After making sure he was gone, I took a deep breathe, trying not to be overly excited. I just got a hug, and phone number from Finn! YEEESSSSS!!! Well, I failed at not being over excited. My hands shook as I added all the phone numbers from the paper onto my phone. I smiled, happy to be able to keep in contact with everyone. I sat there, tapping my foot, anxiously waiting to becalled when they needed me on set.

0o0o0o0o0

            After the long day, I started heading back to the hotel. I gripped my phone tightly, wondering if I really did have Finn's number. I pulled out the folded paper, checking it again, putting it side by side with the number on my phone. I closed my eyes, stopping in my steps, taking a deep breath. I needed to stop being paranoid and stop freaking out. I doubt that Finn was interested with me. We were just friends and that should be fine with me. But that just didn't sit well. Staring at the number in my phone, I wondered if I should message him. I swallowed hard and started a message.