Two

The footsteps landed in front of him. As the claps died down, Tj quickly found his way to his feet. 

"Liam, hey!" Liam has been trying to take Tj's position as captain all semester.

 Tj tried to act calm, but could only think of how much he saw. For some reason he found himself worried about people finding out about Cyrus, and him getting hurt. Why do I care? 

Liam shifted his weight, and chuckled. "Are you really going to act like I didn't see you holding Cyrus's hand?"

He sighed, tilting his head back. "It wasn't like that-" Liam smiled, "Like what?" There was a small silence while Tj grew more anxious.

"It wasn't like what?" Liam asked in a sharp, demanding tone. "Go on."

[Tj's POV]

Liam crossed his arms. He wants to hear me say it? The longer I wait, the more guilty I seem. Why am I waiting at all? Why do I feel guilty?

"It's not like-" I hate myself right now, "A boyfriends thing." 

I don't know why, but Liam fucking scares me. He's taller then me, and knows how to push my buttons.

I forced a laugh, trying not to be noticeably nervous. "I'm not gay, dude." 

"He cut his hand, I was looking at the cut." 

Liam started nodding, then turned to me. "Don't worry, Tj..There's nothing wrong with you."

[No one's POV]

Tj's eyes grew larger, as Liam's smile got wider. 

With the most regret ever, Tj hung his head. "What do you want, Liam?" 

Liam smirked, "I want your  spot as captain, I want you to tell coach that I'm better."

Tj shook his head, "You're not better. Do you know how hard I worked for that spot?"

Liam just shrugged in response. "Then I guess the team gets to see this." Liam pulled out his phone from his back jean pocket.

When the other boy turned his phone to face Tj, he immediately opened his mouth, but closed it. 

There was a silence, as Liam put his phone away. 

It was starting to get dark, and all Tj wanted was to go home. He would have texted Cyrus for advice, but since it includes him he doesn't want him to worry.

The street lights turned on, as Tj looked at Liam's smug expression. 

It wasn't himself he was worried about, he knew Cyrus wasn't ready for people to know his secret. Besides, he thought, I have nothing to worry about right? 

Tj hung his head back, and let a  sigh escape through his gritted teeth, "That picture was taken out of context."

"I'm not-" Liam raised his eyebrows, cutting him off, "Not what? A really good liar? Yeah I knew that already."

"I'm into girls." Tj replied, trying to somehow get out of this. Liam did that nod again, "Maybe, but he's not." 

Tj eyes widened again, "No. You can't-He couldn't-" He stopped looking over pleadingly at Liam. "We'll talk to coach tomorrow, okay?"

"Overprotective boyfriend much?" Liam scoffed, and walked off, leaving the stressed blonde by himself.