Three

[edit: this chapter part deleted. i really dont know what happened, so if this seems different, it's because it is. Here's a re-written slightly less detailed version.]

Cyrus sat with Tj at the spoon, who was complaining about failing math.

They were across from eachother, the taller one had been staring down at his phone, which had his grades loaded on the screen.

The other boy, not thinking twice, almost immediately blurted, "I can tutor you." Right after he said it, he regretted it.

"I mean..if-if you want?" Tj smiled, and nodded. "Does today work?" He asked pushing a baby tater into his mouth.

Cyrus raised his eyebrows, beginning to nod. "Yeah." He nodded again. "Yeah, today is..cool." The taller boy let out a laugh, but it faded quickly when he remembered the conversation he had with Liam last night.

Cyrus seemed to notice changing his expression. "What's wrong?" Tell him. "Could we uh, talk at your house?" Tj asked scratching the back of his head.

Though Cyrus was nervous, he agreed. "Hang on I gotta text Buffy that I'm busy today." He said shoving the last baby tater into his mouth.

There was pause, them both smiling. "So..your place?" Tj asked, both standing up as Cyrus nodded. buzz. Tj looked at his phone, and frowned, as they began to leave.
-
When they arrived at Tj's house, Cyrus started to get worried.

"You've been staring at your phone the whole way here, I had to stop you from walking into the road..twice." He told him, tilting his head, "What's up?"

TJ didn't know what to say, so he sighed, "Nothing."

He unlocked his front door, leading the way into his living room.

"You sure?" Cyrus asked again, taking a seat on the couch. "Doesn't seem like nothing."

It was clearly shown on Tj's face that he was stressed, even though he tried not to be.

He sat next to him, beginning to tap his foot. "It's fine."

"Look, if you're weirded out about what I told you I can leave-"

"No, it's not that.." Tj cut him off, shaking his head. "I'm not."

There was a silence after that, the assumption was wrong, but not that far off.

"Then what?" Cyrus asked, obviously not willing to let it go. "You've been out of it all day."

"I know."

"Why?"

"I can't tell you."

Cyrus paused, "You can't tell me?" His face, still worried, read more curious now. "Why couldnt you tell me?"

Maybe he should have chosen differen words, but it was too late now.

He decided to do what he was good at; lie.

"I um.." Tj trailed off, trying to think of a lie, which he usually didn't have trouble with. "I think I'm going to quit being captian."

"What?" Cyrus only got more confused, "You love being captian, why would you want to.."

Something started to click, and make some sense. "Unless you don't want to."

"There's someone," blackmailing me, "Better."

"Where is this coming from?" The brunette asked, "This doesn't make sense, Tj."

Lying was never hard for Tj, but he knew Cyrus trusted him, and he didn't want to take advantage of that.