Five

[I'm alive. changed POV a lot. Buckle up children.]

Tj's POV 

Cyrus took a complete 180 from an extremely happy state to a complete frown, that he didn't seem to try to mask.

"Hey..what's up?" We stopped walking, still in his backyard. "It's just-I-We're outside.."

My expression saddened. "So what?" He played with his hands, looking at the ground. "It's just-I mean-last time.."

I looked around, before smiling. "You know what's good about night time, Underdog?"

He shrugged. "That everyone is inside, and we're outside." I put a finger under his chin, lifting it up to meet my eyes.

"As for when it's light out, you still shouldn't care." He looked at me, still unsure.

"But the-" "No-" "But-" "Nope."

He sighed, which caused me to sigh. "Underdog, don't worry about later, worry about now."

Everything in me wanted to pull him closer, so I did. This immediately brought a smile to his face.

"Now can we please leave your backyard?" Cyrus nodded. It's been quiet for a while now, and Cyrus was looking around. 

Cyrus"s POV

I tried looking around, to not focus on my anxiety. What if my mom knows I left? Why do boys get honey? Did she know it wasn't about the peas at dinner? Tomorrow is Tj going to-

"What's going on in there?" Tj asked poking my head, with a smile. "Oh, you know-"

"-Don't start that. What's wrong?" Tj questioned, but I avoided giving an answer.

"Are we almost there?" Tj sighed, but nodded. I hope he wasn't mad that I avoided the question. 

Tj's POV

"My mom called you honey." I smiled, "What's that mean?" He threw his hands up, but we kept walking.

"I don't know! I asked and she said I never brought any guy..friends over, and I asked why boys got honey, and she shrugged, and then at dinner-"

"Cyrus, take a breather. What happened at-" I stopped walking, and focused my eyes on the sidewalk curb across the street. "What are you-" "Shh."

Despite Cyrus's attempt at asking quietly again, I silently pulled my phone out at snapped a picture.

A picture that very well erased any anxiety I had left about tomorrow.

"Please tell me what's going on-is that?-Why'd they shake hands then leave?"

I let out a laugh, and shook my head. "Let's go, Underdog." We were finally at the basketball court, and Cyrus went right to the mini set of bleachers.

It was actually, thankfully, empty. I didn't mean thankfully like-I didn't want him alone, I just meant for his sake..I didn't mean it'd be the worst..whatever.

"No, Get up." His phone buzzed, causing his face light up. "I can't, this must be important." I rolled my eyes, and waited.

Cyrus's POV

Buffy: Why the hell does Find my Phone say you're at a basketball quart?

Me: Why are you finding my phone?

I started to type out 'I lost my phone' but then realized it wouldn't make sense.

Buffy: What has been going on?

I met Tj, and forgot everyone else on the planet existed, apparently.

Me: I've been distracted? Meet me in the morning, I promise I'll explain.

Buffy: Distracted? You better.

Am I allowed to tell her? Will Tj want me to? What if I tell her I came here to clear my thoughts? I can't lie. Will she be mad it's Tj? What if she puts in Tj's number? What do I call Tj?

"Who is it?" Tj asked taking me away from my thoughts.

Thank you.

"Buffy. She asked why I was here. She looked up my number on Find My Phone. Which I'm realizing now is a very unsafe app."

He chuckled, "Who does that?" I shrugged, still in my head.

"She was worried..I said I'd explain tomorrow.." He nodded, grabbing a ball off of the bench.

"You don't need to do things like that, you know? Tell her what you want, not what she wants to know, or hear. And if you don't want to don't tell her anything, don't."

What does 'tell her what I want' mean!?

I nodded, even though that raised more concerns. Tj started bouncing the ball, and I remained on the bench.

It just now sunk in where I was, who I was with, and what time it was. I'm at a basketball court, with Tj Kippen, and it's midnight.

I found both of my hands being grabbed, pulling me up. "Come on, Underdog."

Tj smiled, and let go of one of my hands. Before I even thought about it, I looked around to find we were still alone.

I instantly regretted it when Tj frowned, and let go of my hand.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

"It's fine, I know." I sighed as he walked toward the abandoned basketball on the ground.

My first instinct was to run up, and grab his hand, but I had a better idea. 

Tj's POV

Why am I even mad? I never even asked him what we- My thoughts were quickly interrupted by Cyrus putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I don't care." Before I even had a reply his lips were on mine. When I pulled back, and my eyes opened, I still had no reply.

Instead I smiled, and intertwined our hands. The question I had in the back of my mind all day wanted desperately to come out, but I couldn't tell if it was the right time.

Deciding it wasn't the time, I pulled him over to the basketball.

He groaned in a response.

"Just make it in once." He giggled at that, which caused me to smile. "How long are we planning on staying here?"

I rolled my eyes, but the smile didn't leave my face. Cyrus was the one that picked up the ball, but after that he stood there already lost.

How do I get this through there?" He asked pointing to the ball, and then to the hoop.

"Throw it." I joked, walking up behind Cyrus, and grabbing the ball over his hands.