Meeting Max

"Okay, you're gonna wanna listen to me, alright? I finished the tests and it seems like you and Jackson have more in common than you two think."

I look at him a little confused. "What do you mean?"

"I mean that you two have the mutation. You, however, got it from your father's side."

"And that means I can't eat tuna?" As I go to take a drink of the sangria, Mitch takes the glass out of my hand. "Mitch."

"No, it doesn't... But you and Jackson may get that family quicker than you two thought you would." Mitch takes a deep breath, "I should say congratulations, but given my experience...."

"Shut up, Mitch... Now is not the time for you to try to be funny." I take a few deep breaths and head out to the lab and see Jackson looking over a picture of Elizabeth. "Hey, have you found anything?"

"No, not yet." Jackson doesn't break his force from the screen.

"Jackson, I need to talk to you." Jackson doesn't look up from the screen, "Jackson!"

"What Kat?! What is more important than me finding out what my father did to my mother?!" I take a step back, he has never yelled at me like that before, Jackson takes a deep breath and steps toward me, "I'm sorry... What's up?" He stops in front of me and rubs my upper arms. I look down to the ground, looking for the words to say when I look up to Jackson I feel a tear roll down my cheek, "Oh, my God, Kat." Jackson grabs a paper towel and wipes the tear from my cheek when he pulls it away I can see that I am crying the same black tears Jackson had before. Jackson goes to step away, "I'll go get Mitch."

I reach out and grips Jackson's arm, "Mitch already knows." Jackson looks at me confused and I take a deep breath, "I have the mutation too."

"That doesn't explain why the animals act normal around you." I take a deep breath, but before I can tell Jackson what should be the good news he glances back to the screen and pulls away, "Wait a minute... She didn't have the scar before we moved to Africa." Jackson turns and runs to the cargo bay, when we get into the cargo bay Abe is putting away somethings in the cargo bay, Jackson runs up to Abe, "My mother didn't have a scar when we moved to Africa, Abe. Just look at this old picture. My father He... he gave me the injection before we left Boston, but... but obviously he didn't give it to my mother."

"And you're wondering how it happened." Abe looks up to Jackson and I.

"Did my father visit Africa, Abe, while I was out on safari, or when I was at school?"

Abe shakes his head. "No, I don't think so."

"Well, then, here's the problem. Either my father gave her this injection, or somebody else did."

Just then Trotter comes over the P.A. "Abe, urgent call for you."

Abe sighs and heads over to one of the intercom panels, "Abraham Kenyatta here."

"God, it's good to hear your voice." Dariela comes through the intercom.

"Dariela. Where are you?"

"We made it to the safe zone, but something happened."

"What is it?"

"I was attacked by horses. They came after me, Abe."

"But you are okay?"

"Yes, but I was traveling with all those people from Holbeach And the horses.... They singled me out."

"What? I don't understand."

"There's something about me. Or there's something about them."

Jackson steps forward, "The people that she's with. Dariela, did the horses target any of the others at all?"