The Cure

After Robert takes some of my blood and some of Jackson's, the two of them manage to calm me down, a bit. I end up sitting one of the desks with my head in my hand, with my elbow on the table, and Jackson and Robert start preparing samples, "Did you prep that sloth sample?"

"Right here."

"Thank you..." Robert looks over to Jackson, "What is it?"

"It's nice to see you doing good work in the lab again, Dad."

"It's a relief to be able to do my work in the open, finally. With you. No secrets." Robert finishes up some of the samples, "And into the centrifuge with you."

Trotter comes over the intercom, "Abe and Dariela are on their way back. They have the saber-toothed cat DNA."

Robert chuckles, "We'll be ready. Why Dr. Morgan made the protocol so complicated is beyond me. I know a simpler way to prep the DNA from the saber-tooth."

"Please don't do that. Took me hours of trial and error to get that protocol right."

I look over and see Jamie and Mitch coming into the lab, "It's about time you guys showed up."

Jamie walks up to me and hugs me tightly, "come here."

Jackson and I hug Mitch and Jamie, but when we separate I look over and see an oh too familiar face, coming in with one of the soldiers working with the shepherds. "Logan."

Robert speaks from behind us, "Mansdale, you brought one of Davies' men here?"

"Considering we just destroyed the Noah Objective's supply of clean DNA, I'm pretty sure I'm off of Davies' Christmas card list."

I look at him a little confused, "You did what?"

Jamie nods, "It's gone. We blew it up. No clean DNA, no Noah Objective."

"That's unbelievable."

Mitch scoffs, "Well, what's unbelievable is that we, uh, intercepted him trying to steal it."

Logans shrugs, "Nobody's perfect."

"He's a liability." Robert comments.

As Robert does, Logan looks over to Jamie, "Oh, don't look at me. I don't even know your real name. And frankly, I don't care. Do what you want with him." Jamie walks off.

"Jamie," Logan calls out to her, but she doesn't stop.

"You heard her," I smirk.

"I don't want him anywhere near the compound. You understand me?" Robert addresses Mansdale.

"Yes, sir."

Logan is taken, I don't know where, calling out to Jamie, "Jamie. Jamie!"

Robert steps between Jackson and I to Mitch, "Dr. Morgan, it's an honor. The work you've done here is exemplary."

"Thank you. Looks like you've been busy."

"Yes but now the real work can begin."

To give the two of them some time to work Jackson and head upstairs, but given the fact, someone is working with Mitch, it doesn't take long for us to hear them fighting, "I followed your protocol to the letter."

"Then why aren't we seeing any reaction?"

"I don't know. Maybe there are problems with the protocol."

"The protocol's fine."

Jackson and I walk onto the catwalk and Jackson goes down to the landing of the stairs and down into the lab "Hey. What the hell's going on here?"