Unexpected Confessions

Noah decided that we should play a board games so we chose a few to play later.

"Want something to eat or drink?" Noah asked me. "Water is fine, thanks." I said and he gave me a water bottle.

We started playing shoots and ladders and I got competitive for a minute or two.

"So you found out that I'm not single, are you?" I asked, spinning the spinner and seeing that it lands on 4.

"I am single, and looking." He said while looking at me, and I looked up at him. We just sat there looking at each other for a few seconds until he spun the spinner for his turn.

~few minutes later~

We got bored of the games and put on a movie. I wasn't really paying attention to it because I was freaking out on the inside since I'm in Noah's house, sitting next to him, and his arm is around my shoulders.

A love song started playing on the movie and I looked at Noah, and he turned to look at me and smile.

I decided to be brave, for once in my life.

I kissed him.

Two or three seconds after I made that brave decision, Noah pushed me away.

"Why'd you do that?" He asked, separating himself from me even further.

"Because I like you and I thought you liked me too." I said, realizing that I didn't make the best choice. "Why would you think I like you?" He asked, which kinda made my heart hurt after he said that in that way.

"You said you were looking for someone and then stared at me for a few seconds, and you smiled at me a bunch of times, and you put your arm around me-" I started to say, getting panicky.

"Jordan. You know I'm gay, right?" He asked, cutting me off.

My jaw dropped.

"You're gay???" I asked in shock. He nodded in response and I stood up. "I'm so sorry that I kissed you. I think I'll go home now. Thank you for hanging out with me and maybe we could do it again sometime. Sorry. Bye." I said quickly, grabbing my stuff and walking out of the door.

I have nothing against the LGBTQ+ community. It's just that I've liked him for so long and it broke my heart knowing that he'd never like me the same way. While walking home, the snow started to fall and so did my tears.

I walked into my house, closing the door behind me and sliding down to the ground. I put my head in my hands and started crying even more.

It was around the time that school was going to be done for the day and Allison and Liam started texting me.

Allison: J, where are you?

Me: At home.

Allison: Why? When did you go home?

Liam: There was an argument first period and she signed herself out.

Me: Yeah. Come to my house straight after the bell rings and I'll explain some stuff to you guys.

Allison: We'll be there as soon as we can.

Me: Thanks.

I put my phone down and got up. I changed into sweatpants and a sweatshirt again, took off my shoes and my makeup, put my hair up in a messy bun, and just sat on the couch until Liam and Ally got here.

~15 minutes later~

There was a knock on the door and then the door opened, signaling that my friends were here.