Chapter 5

It is the evening before the weekend. The front door of the apartment opens inward letting in the bright light from the outside. Megan appears from the outside, followed by a smiling Lisa, who is carrying a couple of duffle bags full of clothes.

"Oh my gosh, this is your apartment Megan?" Lisa asks.

"Yup! My home sweet home," comments Megan.

The first room Lisa sees was a living room and kitchen combo separated by a counter. The usual furniture was there, a couch and loveseat in front of a flat screen television. The kitchen was pretty much the same way, electric stove, refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker.

A hallway leads toward the back of the apartment. A door to the right opens to the bathroom, not very big, but adequate for one person. The hallway ends in the only bedroom with one king size bed, a dresser, and a desk with a laptop on it. A large window with closed blinds lets in some daylight into the room.

"You can put your bags in here if you want," suggests Megan.

"Ok, cool," says Lisa as she puts down her bags and removes her black uniform cap, unleashing her blonde hair.

Megan was taken aback by the sight since she has never seen Lisa without her trusty black uniform cap. She watches as Lisa runs her hands through her hair and turns to look at her with a smile.

Megan sniffs the air, "Do you smell pretzels?"

Lisa blushes a bit as she raises her hand, "That would be me."

Megan goes and places her hands on Lisa's back and gently pushes her toward the bathroom.

"Ok, take a shower and I'll make dinner since you made me hungry," instructs Megan, "Spaghetti ok?"

"Yeah, that would be great, Do you need a hand after I finished my shower?" asks Lisa.

"Oh no, You are my guest so just shower first, then relax and watch TV or something," replies Megan.

"Oh, I need my clothes," Lisa happily protested.

"You can use my bathrobe, I got two," countered Megan.

Megan began preparations for dinner as Lisa showered. Megan was halfway done when Lisa emerged from the hallway dressed in Megan's bathrobe, and a towel wrapped turban-style, covering her hair. Megan had to try hard to pay attention to the dinner because, even in just a robe and towel, Lisa looked quite fetching.

Lisa sits on the couch with her ankle tucked behind the knee as she turns her body to face Megan, who was in the kitchen. The evening color of the sunset began to seep past the window blinds giving the room a warm yellow-orange glow. The aroma from the kitchen area began to fill the air as Lisa closes her eyes to take the smell in.

"Oh, that smells... so good Megan," compliments Lisa.

Megan looks down as she cooks to hide her blushing, "Thanks, it is my mother's recipe."

Lisa leans her head so it rests on her hand at the back of the couch, "Your mother's still alive."

"M-hm, yeah she is just retired, she left the shop to me and moved to the next town over," Megan replies as she begins to put the final touches on dinner.

Megan places the plates on the counter that divides the kitchen and the living room and serves the spaghetti with the sauce on top it.

"Dinner time!" Megan calls jokingly.

Lisa smiles as she takes a stool and sits on it. Megan takes the stool next to her but stops short of sitting.

"You know what we need?" she asks.

Lisa shakes her head.

Megan goes around to the other side of the counter and bends down as she opens a counter door. "Been saving this for a special occasion," as she pulls up a bottle and two wine glasses as she smiles.

Lisa's eyes light up,"For me? I'm not anything special."

Megan's face expresses mock horror, "You are most certainly are, Now hold this, I'll pour."

The duo happily shares dinner and afterward there retire to the couch in the living room. The darkness of the night and the dim light of the table lamps, help bring a subtle dark feel to the room as Megan turns the television on to an old black and white movie on the classic movie channel. Lisa returns dressed in night clothes and smiles as she takes her spot beside Megan.

"Oh, this is a good one," Lisa says as she sips from her glass.

The pair watches the movie together. Megan began to get drowsy and decides to close her eyes a little. She then snaps awake to see Lisa sleeping, with her head resting in her lap. Megan silently smiles as she gently, ever so gently as not to disturb Lisa, move her hair toward the back of her head.

"I wish we can be like this forever Lisa," Megan whispers.

She didn't want to say it too loud. She was afraid that if she said it louder than a whisper it would all end, and another chance will not come.

Lisa sleepily opens her eyes,"Oh I'm sorry, Megan did I pin you to the couch?"

Megan smiles," It's ok, but I think I should go to bed."

Lisa weakly protests as Megan moves from under Lisa's head. She then provides Lisa a pillow and blanket. Then she disappears down the hallway into her bedroom.

Megan lays in her bed, wide awake now. Her thoughts are dwelling on Lisa. Lisa's blonde hair, dancing blue eyes, and her lighthearted smile begins to invade her very being. It was then the bedroom door quietly opened.

"Hey uh Megan, can I share your bed? I don't want to sleep alone tonight. Please?" whispers Lisa.

Megan rises up, looks at Lisa, and then nods as she opens the blanket to her. Lisa hops into the bed like a five-year-old kid.

"I hope this isn't too weird for you," says Lisa.

"No, not at all, It's fine, really it's ok," reassures Megan.

The chances of sleep for the wide-eyed Megan just dropped to zero percent for at least an hour.