Chapter 1

Nikita's POV

Unpacking was the worst thing ever, if you asked me. It had almost been three weeks since I moved here to London, but I still had a quite a few boxes to unpack. Maybe it had something to do with my laziness, or maybe the fact that I had pretty much shipped my whole house back in India here. I hated moving around, when I was a kid, my dad was in the army, so I had move every time he was posted to a new area. I hated that as a kid, hate that now. I always took a lot more things than necessary, just in case I needed them. So here I was, sitting in a mess of half unpacked things, just staring at the wall, while my roommate was out somewhere having the time of her life.

I was sharing a three bedroom apartment with a girl called Karine, from Elite Dance Academy. Yes, I dance. That is basically how I ended up here, in London. Dance has been my passion since I was 5; I was introduced to dance by my aunt and I've loved it ever since. I spent my entire childhood learning dance. I had trained in Bharatnatyam, a classical dance form of India for 10 years. After that I took up to learning the western forms. I had National titles for Latin, Jazz and Contemporary. My family was against my decision to take up dancing as a career. I had found out about the EDA scholarship when I was 10. When I was 16, I very seriously sat my parents down and told them about my plans, my plans of applying to EDA; at that time they had just laughed it off saying I would never make it and that I would be stuck there anyway. I proved them the wrong the day I got my acceptance letter. My dad was happy for me and supported me, but mom was always against it. She made my life hell when dad wasn't home. She would discourage me saying I would get homesick and I would be back in less than three months. I just had to prove her wrong. I had worked my ass off for 8 years, and here I was, in London; about to start doing what I love and away from that awful place I had to call home. The only thing that I would probably miss would be my thirteen year old sister, Anushka and my dad.

Karine and I were looking for another roommate so we could split up the rent and save some more money; and also because we were so tired of being alone in the whole complex. That's right, in the whole complex that had about 10 apartments, I had not once seen anyone else except us and an old lady who was very kind and lived next doors to us. She often sent us lovely scones and cookies that she baked on Sundays. Apart from her, the complex was deserted, so we figured having a little company wouldn't hurt. We had contacted people at the academy itself and put up a few ads so we would get calls, but no luck there yet.

I decided to just give up on unpacking and got up to get myself a snack. I was checking twitter on my phone while my pasta boiled, when I read the news that probably made butterflies fly in my stomach. One Direction were coming back from their tour in the States today and landing here, in London. I let out a silent scream of happiness. I had spent my entire teenage fangirling over them. Meeting them was probably my biggest dream after getting the scholarship for dance. I called up Karine and informed her that I was on my way to the airport hoping to meet them. She just laughed at my childish ways and told me to drive safe.

I got dressed in a simple tank top and jeans, put on some eyeliner and mascara and grabbed my phone and keys and dashed down the stairs. I was indeed very excited to meet them. I started up the car and hummed to the songs that were on the radio. It was a fifteen minute drive to the airport; I parked when I reached and headed to the crowd of girls standing at the terminal knowing they were here for the same reason I was. I felt a throbbing pain in my head and kind of dizzy, but I pushed it aside. Right now, all that mattered was that I was going to meet One Direction.

I waited for quite some time, before the boys arrived. All the girls in here were going crazy, screaming their names and screaming 'I love yous'. When I finally got a look at them, Niall was the one who caught my eye. He was dressed simply in sweatpants, a muscle tee and one of his favorite snapbacks; yet he managed to look so dapper, damn. I weaved out of the crowds to get near to him and just as he was about to pass by, but I did get some pictures of him and the other boys. The guards were pushing us back, but I chanced it and called out to him, asking for a hug. I was surprised that he actually heard it and told the guard to back off. He came up to me and I asked him for a picture first; I took like twenty selfies on my phone and then I wrapped my arms around his neck. It was the best feeling, when he wrapped his around my waist and pulled me closer. In that moment I wished I could stay like that forever. I was about to pull back, when my vision blurred and everything went black.

A/N

Hello there, I've started rewriting this again. There will be some major changes in the writing, but not much in the story. I've realized that three years ago my writing was rushed and had a million of grammatical errors. So I'm sorry for that. I don't know when will I be uploading this, but I'll try to do it once a week. Also, after I'm done editing whatever I've written till now, I'll continue it and give it an ending because I realize I've left it and an abrupt point. So please don't give up on BTAF. I will complete it.

Also please check out my other story 'broken' on @silentdreamerr. (Sorry, shameless self-promotion)

Love you all,

Keep reading and voting and sharing

-Nikki x

k