Chapter 13

The music was so loud, but I didn’t mind. Niall, I, Ananya and Harry went to get a few drinks for our table. I and Ananya waited on the side of the bar while Niall and Harry were telling the bartender what we wanted. A familiar voice whispered in my ear, “Since when do you come here?” I turned around to see Robert. Wait, I didn’t tell you about Robert? Okay, so he was this guy that I dated once for like what, 2 weeks maybe and we broke up cuz he cheated on me with some bitch.

He looked better than he did when I last saw him. He reeked of alcohol though. He had obviously been drinking, al lot.

“What are you doing here Robert?” I asked, annoyed and angry that he even had the guts to talk to me. At the mention of that name I found Niall looking at me, I had told Niall everything about my past. And when he saw me talking to him he came over.

“Who the fuck do you think you are talking to me like that you bitch?!” 

It was a matter of seconds before Robert was knocked to the ground. I turned around to see Niall standing there, his fist clenched and his jaw twitching. He kept throwing punches; I had never ever seen him like this. Robert fought back, and Niall’s lip was bleeding, and his arms were bruised from all of the fighting. Louis, Liam, Zayn, Perrie and Danielle came over to see what was happening.

The boys broke it up, and of course, we all got kicked out. I felt horrible. Niall got into a fight to protect me, and he ended up with all those bruises and blood. I couldn’t even imagine what I was supposed to say to him. On the way home, I sat next to him in the car, apologizing, he kept telling me that he did it for me, and that as long as I was safe , none of the bruises mattered, but I still felt horrible. 

“Niall, I am still so so-” He grabbed my face and pulled it to his. He bit down on my bottom lip. His lips were soft, and his tongue felt amazing on mine. We kissed for a while, I don’t know how long it must have been but when we finally pulled apart, he looked into my eyes.

“I love you Nikki, I may have only known you for a short while, but that’s enough to let me know how much you mean to me.” I was so happy; I couldn’t stop smiling at what an amazing boy he was.

“I love you too Niall, more than you can imagine. I’m so thankful that you did that for me tonight, and I’m so sorry you have those bruises and marks.  You are the most amazing boy ever.” He smiled, and I fell asleep in his arms.

----2 weeks later----

I woke up next to Niall at his apartment and went to look outside the window. It was snowing, and the streets were pretty busy. I quietly shut the door behind him and left him a note telling him to call me once I wake up. I went back to my apartment and got dressed to go to the studio and had my breakfast.

Usually Ananya and I went together but these days she went early to practice for her trials which were in about a few days. Dance seemed to drag on forever, and when Max said it was over for today, I couldn’t wait to get home. Ananya dropped me off at our complex and went because she had to do some stuff. 

So I was walking up the stairs to our apartment when I felt someone hug me from behind.

“Guess who!”  He said, but his thick Irish accent gave it away.

He spun me around and hugged him. I asked him to come home and we both walked into my apartment. After that encounter with Robert, I was totally convinced that Niall was an amazing guy.

We both decided to watch a movie as none of us had anything better to do. I really wanted to see ‘A Walk to Remember ‘again, this time with him and he never minded watching chick-flicks like these. So I made popcorn and we lazed on the couch.