Chapter 17

When I left my house, I didn’t know where I was headed; I just had to go somewhere away from that woman. As I started coming back to my senses I decided to go to Niall, after all he was the one I left my home for, right? It was bloody 11 in the night and no rikshawala was ready to come. Since the hotel wasn’t that far, I decided to walk. I was almost near the hotel when it started pouring! Like literally pouring! I was soaked in a less than 2 minutes. GREAT! JUST MY LUCK!

“Excuse me? Where are you going miss?” The receptionist asked me when I started walking toward the elevator.

“I need to meet Mr. Horan.”

“Sorry ma’am but you can’t just go unless we’ve been informed.”

“Listen, it’s very important for me to meet him, okay? So let me go please.”

“Sorry ma’am, but we can’t let a stranger go up without permission.”

“You think I’m a stranger? I’m his girlfriend, okay? And I don’t care about your rules; I just have to meet him!” And I stomped off toward the elevator and pushed the button to Niall’s floor.

*ROOM 6215* Yes, that’s Niall’s room. I knocked on the door waiting for him to open.

He was wearing only sweatpants when he opened the door and had a pizza slice in his mouth. I just hugged him tight, taking in his warmth and he hugged me back.

“What’s wrong babe?” He asked me, surprised at my sudden visit.

“I-I-I...” I didn’t know how to tell him.

“Wait, first let’s get you into some warm clothes, then we’ll talk.”

“No, I’m okay. Just listen to what I say okay? Don’t say anything until I’m done. When I went home today my mom told me that she wanted me to hook up with her friend’s son and said that WE were never gonna last and that after our affair was once over I should be marrying that friend’s son. When I refused to do anything like that, she gave me a choice, you or her. And I chose you, over her and now my family is dead to me.”

“You mean to say, you left your house, your family, your sister? For me?”

“Yes.”

“Nikki, you know I love you, but I don’t think you did the right thing today. You should’ve at least thought about it once.”

“You mean to say, I did the right thing by choosing you? You mean I should’ve agreed to my mom and got married to someone else? Is that what you mean?”

“No, but you shouldn’t have reacted in such a hurry babe.”

“Niall, do you even understand what you’re saying? You don’t get it, do you? For you I might be just another girl, but I’m not okay? I thought you’d be excited to see me, but you’re just the opposite! I thought you’d want to marry me!”

“Baby, I do want to marry you, but not now! We both have our dreams to pursue! And I’m very happy to see you here, but I just think you did the wrong thing by leaving your house.”

“I’m done Niall, you just can’t or you don’t want to understand me!” I said that and left the room slamming the door behind me.

How could he do this to me? Doesn’t he know that he means everything to me? Why won’t he understand? Where was I supposed to go now? I would very happily go to Ananya, but she and Harry should spend time too. The only person who I could go to at this very moment was Zayn, I mean all the others are with their girlfriends, and maybe Zayn could give me some advice.