Turf Wars

Author's Note: Hi everyone! This is my first time writing a fanfic, but I've been watching Chicago Fire for as long as I could remember. I'm very open to constructive criticism and advice. This chapter is a tad bit shorter only because I wanna see how it does for Chapter 1. Thanks so much and I hope you enjoy!

WARNING!: The theme of this fanfic is to show the life of someone who has been exposed to gang violence and drugs. If this material offends you, I HIGHLY suggest you do not read my work. I've tried to make everything in this story as accurate and realistic as possible. I do not live in the Chicago area so my locations could be a little off, but I tried lol. I wanted to make this because I have personally seen the impact of addiction. I wanted to help break the stigma of addiction and add a new perspective through this story.

Chapter One: Turf Wars

{4x09}

"Gabby! Get us another round!" Boden ordered cheerfully,

"Coming right up, Chief!" Gabby and Otis happily poured alcohol into the little shot glasses with the Molly's logo on them.

Molly's had been packed. Everyone from Firehouse 51 and the Friday night crowd gathered into the bar to simply have fun. This night was strictly for celebration, and nothing was going to get in the way of 51 having a good time. (Especially when beer was involved.)

The shots kept coming and coming. Gabby had to confess she even had a few after Otis convinced her to break Herrmann's number one rule:

"Never drink on shift."

If only she listened to him.

XXXXXXXXXX

The night got older into the wee hours, and eventually only a few members from 51 remained.

"Damn... what time is it?" Kelly groaned as he put his head down onto the smooth wooden bar top.

Gabby was mindlessly washing beer mugs in the bar sink as Otis snored sitting at the table across with Cruz on his phone and Mouch drunkenly staring off into space.

Gabby rolled her eyes at Otis agitated.

"Hey? Need some help?" Matt offered hopping over the bar.

"Yeah, that'd be nice. Glad my co-workers are helping with this mess." She sarcastically complained.

"If I could remember, Herrmann left and that's when we trashed the bar?" Casey was getting a headache from trying to recall everything.

Gabby was absolutely right even though she had been drinking. Molly's was an absolute mess. The bar smelled like puke, beer spills were everywhere, broken glass was spread all over the floor, and Otis, Capp, and Kelly had to be woken up. Boden, Donna, and Patterson left at one point but neither of them could really remember when.

"Kelly it's 3:45 in the morning."

"What?" Kelly just groaned louder.

"You asked what time it was." Casey added,

No response.

"What're you laughing at?' Gabby caught Casey chuckling as he dried off the freshly cleaned glasses.

"I don't really know, tonight was just one of those nights we'll be laughing about for a while." Casey emphasized.

"If anyone even remembers it..." Gabby smirked as she gazed into Matt's eyes and reached in for a kiss.