Bro's Night!

"Hey, does anyone know when Brett is coming back?" Keon wondered as he and the rest of Truck 81 and some of Squad 3 sat in the common room continuing their day normally.

"Casey said Boden was going to go pick her up from the hospital or something." Stella mindlessly answered as she read the newspaper,

"Why?" Cruz added harshly,

"I don't know... I was just wondering." Lyon answered confused,

"You got somewhere to be with her?" Cruz raised his voice,

"What? No! I was just making sure she was okay. Sylvie was just involved in something traumatic. I would want someone to check up on me if I was in her situation," Keon blushed.

"Oh please," Cruz laughed at what he was hearing, "You don't know a single thing about 'traumatic experiences'." Cruz was now standing up at the table mocking the younger fireman.

"Bro, chill out..." Otis said quietly to Cruz. Joe looked at Otis for a second who was sitting next to Lyon and was absolutely dumbfounded that his best friend told him to back off.

"Whatever." Cruz huffed as he made his way to the locker room furiously. Otis got up from the desk with his cane and hopped after Cruz.

The common room was silent.

"What the hell was that?" Kidd asked baffled by what she just witnessed. Keon slumped into his chair embarrassed.

"Hey, it's okay. Cruz is a little crazy sometimes." Capp gave Lyon a reassuring smile and put his hand on Keon's shoulder to comfort him.

"Get your hand off of me." Keon whispered infuriatingly. Lyon's fuming grey eyes and deadly stare was enough to send chills through Capp and he returned his hand to his side in milliseconds.

Keon jumped from his chair slamming the book he was reading onto the table as everyone held their breath until he was gone.

Kidd was trying really hard not to laugh as she covered her face with the newspaper.

"The hell you laughing at? That guy is psycho!" Capp pointed in the direction that Keon left in.

"You looked so scared," Stella was now blatantly laughing at Capp, and Mouch started to giggle from the couch.

"Ah, you guys are the worst!" Capp got up smiling a little and headed back to the Squad 3 table.

Otis entered the locker-room.

"Wanna talk about it?" Otis asked as he saw Cruz sitting in front of his locker.

"No," Cruz responded callously, "Don't you have some desk work to do?" Joe looked at Otis who looked a little upset by his words.

"Got it..." Otis mumbled to himself and strolled out of the locker room with his cane back into the common room.

"What was up with him?" Kidd asked curiously with a smile on her face.

"I don't know. He's being an ass."

Kidd's smile faded as she saw Otis' face was red.

"Did he say something to you?" Kidd was building up irritation at Cruz.

"Yeah, but it's fine. You just have to leave him alone when he's mad."

"Otis, that's not right. You didn't do anything to him."

"It's fine." Otis gave a face to Stella that read just to leave it alone.

XXXXXXXXXXX