CHAPTER 5: SHADOWS

Disclaimer: This is my original work. All the characters mentioned in the story are purely fictional. All copyrights reserved. Please do not post without permission, thank you.

Author's Note:

1. The characters here were inspired by my friends. So, here are some of you guys that are here:

a. Ossa- you're my best friend here. Your name is Rossana Sinclair

b. Azaria- Breezey's character

CHAPTER 5: SHADOWS

Althea laughed silently as she watched her best friend, Rossana, or Ossa for short, walking half-asleep. She tripped on some of Althea's furniture which sent the latter into fits of laughter.

"You...You're still drunk."

"Shut up." Ossa finally reached Althea's kitchen island and grabbed the glass of juice sitting on the table.

"I think you should drink water first." Althea switched the glasses with water and shook her head at her friend.

"Ossa, I gave you the passcode to my security alarm in case of emergency."

"It was an emergency! There was a guy who was following me around, giving me the creeps."

"And you decided to go to my house, where I live alone. Not to mention, I was asleep?"

"Again, not my best day."

"Ossa, what's wrong with you? Ever since your breakup with Brad, you've been drinking yourself to death!"

"Whatever, Ms. I have the perfect boyfriend in the world." She mocked Althea while grabbing a toast. "Make me a proper breakfast Chef."

Althea sighed in defeat and grabbed the materials she needed from her fridge.

"By the way..." Ossa swallowed the food in her mouth and continued, "what was the nightmare this time?"

Althea was unresponsive for a while. Ossa has been her best friend ever since they were six, but she was embarrassed to tell her what the nightmare was about.

"It's..." she paused and toasted the English muffins on the pan.

"Althea! I'm your best friend. There's nothing to be embarrassed about." She assured her friend and flashed her pearly whites. Even though she felt like she's been hit by a bus from last night's drinking, Ossa tried her best to give her best friend a smile.

"Well, it's about Atlantis."

"WHAT?"

"See! I knew you were going to react this way." Althea exhaled angrily and went back into cooking the poached eggs and the Hollandaise sauce.

"Come on!" Ossa stood up and held on to the counter for balance. With her wobbly legs, she hugged her best friend from the side and pleaded. "I'm sorry. It's just... that's so weird. I mean, I have nightmares that my dad cut off my credit cards. But you... you had a dream about Atlantis?"

"Just a little. I had dreams about the Greek gods."

"Gosh! I told you not to watch those fantasy films before going to bed." Ossa watched as Althea constructed the Eggs Benedict together on her plate. "It gave you nightmares."

"But that's the thing!" Althea scattered some green onions on top of the Eggs Benedict and handed it to her best friend. "I watched about the Holocaust. Greek mythology and Holocaust are worlds apart."