CHAPTER 1: POSEIDON AND HADES

Zeus looked at his brothers and sisters. They were all seated in their thrones watching as humanity slaughter their own kind.

"We created them!" Hades stood up in anger. "Brother... Zeus, these humans only know suffering and death. I am the keeper of the Underworld. Each day passes and more of these creatures enter the world you tasked me to guard."

He slowly walked to the golden table and watched as brothers and sisters killing each other.

"What are you trying to say, brother?" Zeus passed his bolt of lightning to a servant and looked at his youngest brother for answers.

"We need to find a way to stop this madness!" Hades suggested, hiding a smirk behind his long beard.

"What do you suggest?" Poseidon stood from his throne. With his trident in hand, he walked towards his brother and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"When this world was new, Titans ruled the world. Throwing our home into chaos." He looked at his siblings and maintained eye contact. "We all stood up together and defeated them."

He ran towards his brother Zeus and gave him an affectionate tap on the shoulder.

"You, brother! Zeus, the king of the gods, convinced Poseidon and me to kill our own father. We were victorious! The humans thrived. Their kind grew in numbers, but this!" he turned to the golden table and pointed at the humans battling one another.

The other gods followed his hand and nodded.

"What are you suggesting, then. Get to the point Hades!" Zeus was losing his patience.

"In the underworld, evil souls are punished. Their physical attributes and mind are transferred into beings so repulsive, that new souls fear them. I suggest bringing these creatures to the human world." Hades' lifelong dream was in his grasps.

He was the youngest brother. His two brothers: Poseidon and Zeus ruled the skies and the ocean. What did he get? A world full of anger and hate. No, he is a god! He was the one who killed their father when his own brothers could not. Zeus was revered for it, but he was the one who gave the final blow and mortally killing Cronus.

He will have the world and soon.

"You want to release these creatures to Earth?" Poseidon roared.

"They will work together," Hades smirked at his older brother.

"Zeus! Tell me you are not considering this?" Poseidon turned to his brother.

"What choice do we have? The mortal world is doomed even without these foul creatures!" Zeus joined his brothers on the floor and sighed. "Look at them! I am tired of hearing children crying! We do what is best for them."

Athena did not want to come to this. Being the goddess of wisdom, amongst other things; she is also the goddess of warfare strategy. What Hades is suggesting might very be the human salvation they have been waiting for.

"He's right." The gods turned their attention to Athena. "Fear is what drives humans to kill one another. Their fear of starvation and safety is the cause of all their sufferings. Zeus, they are young creatures. We are gods! These creatures are nothing compared to our powers. Release them to the world and we will get rid of them when the matter is solved."

"YOU'RE MAD!" Poseidon shouted. "WE PROTECT HUMANS!"

"And we cannot kill humans. They are the only ones capable of doing that. That is our most sacred rule: We cannot kill humans." Zeus reminded his brother, Poseidon.

"What say, you brother?" Hades bowed his head and his expression changed. Hiding an evil smirk and cold gaze, he waited for his brother to sit back down on his throne.

"Release the creatures." Zeus grabbed his lightning bolt from his servant and raised it in the air.

Suddenly, the clouds became darker and thunder and lightning surrounded Mt. Olympus, signaling the King of the god's decree.

It has begun. Poseidon thought and closed his eyes.