Chapter 2

(Star's pov)

I watched Marco bring a rather large plate of nachos over to the table where I was sitting at. Ankles cross, back straight, hands in my lap just as I was taught. He sat the plate down in the middle of the table and took the empty seat in front of me.

I grabbed one chip from the top and took a small bite from it. It was actually really good. It was truthfully one of the best Earth tasting foods that I've had.

When I looked up to praise Marco on his talent, I frowned.

Marco in the short amount of time that he sat down had: Put his black converse on his mother's table, tilted his chair back on two legs, and was chewing with his mouth open. None of which was approved table manners no matter what dimension a person was in.

I sighed. Livening with Marco had its ups and downs. It's downs being he was: rude, rebellious, loud, obnoxious, annoying, rash, irresponsible, ill-manner, ill-temper, I could continue, but none of that matter when underneath it all he was kind, caring, smart, and at times sweet guy.

I tried to ignore Marco's loud, gross chewing noises. The shoes and chair I could see pass since that's just how Marco sits, I've notice that he does it at home, school, almost anywhere that won't throw him out for it. But chewing with his mouth open was driving me to my tipping point. I didn't was to critique him, but maybe he doesn't realize he's doing it and this little annoyance can be solved.

"Marco could you close your mouth when you chew please?" I asked nicely.

His eyes flickered up from the nachos to my face. His still smacking lips tilted up in a smirk which to be complete honest I've seen him smirk more than actually smile. And it never meant good news.

"Oh I'm sorry, Your Highness. Is it bothering you?" It annoyed me to the moon and back how he mockingly called me "highness" or "majesty" or really any nickname he gave me, with that certain tone of sarcasm as if he found things that irritated me humorous. He probably did actually.

I tried my hardest not to roll my eyes. Princesses do not roll their eyes in disagreements. They talk them out. "Yes Marco, it is." I responded. My nerves were a bit raw and I was hoping for once Marco would just leave it alone.

Marco wouldn't be Marco if he had left it alone. His smirk widen and his chewing went from thoughtless to obnoxious. I curled my nose in disgusted.

"Marco cut it out! You have the table manners of a pig!" I narrowed my eyes and gripped my wand tighter hoping that he would feel threaten enough to stop. Of course I would never intentionally hurt him it was more for show, not that he needed to know that.

He chuckled at my nonverbal threat. I knew that he didn't really think of me as intimidating, but the least he could do was show a person some respect.

I scoff at his laugh and rolled my eyes. If he wanted to be immature fine. Let him. "Why do you have to seek pleasure in driving me up the wall with your childish antics, Marco?"

"I do it all for your reaction little Miss Stuck up!" He laughed louder and I felt my resolve dissolve.

I continued to frown at him and turn my anger into indifference. If Marco wanted a reaction them I would be foolish to give him what he wants.

I heard his laughter die down and I decided to take it a step farther and pretend he was there. I picked up another chip and took a bite out of it, never looking at him.

"Don't be such a downer Star." He told me. I stood up and turned my back on him and made my way over over to the sink washing my hands and picking up a wash rag and wiped off the counter top he had used.