CHAPTER 17: THE SURPRISE

Copyright © 2014 by Ladylurve

 All rights reserved.

----

(S3v3rian’s perspective)

Those who have known me throughout the years have often said that I’m a patient person. I don’t know if I really am but I guess it’s easy to stay busy with other things rather than focus on one thing. Several days have elapsed since I told Levis where to find Ladylurve. Although I’m quietly anticipating some news from him, I haven’t messaged or pestered him for information. Instead, I focused on training my combat skills so that I can help Lady with some of the tougher quests someday. That is, if she wants me to.

* Private Message *

The_Levis : Wuu2?

S3v3rian : Training defense

The_Levis : Hop to my world. Got a nice surprise 4 u.

S3v3rian : What is it?

The_Levis : Hop. Meet me at Jambalaya Rock.

S3v3rian : kk brt

This is so typical of Levis. He just loves to appear mysterious and full of surprises. Sometimes, I think he lives for the excitement of doing so. Ten years ago, he phoned me and told me he was going to join the military. I didn’t believe him then but when I didn’t hear from him for a whole year, I started feeling suspicious. Later, I learned from his mother that he really did join the military. Something about important life experience, once in a lifetime opportunity. I’m glad he completed his military training two years after that and decided that he’s had enough and was ready to embrace a civilian life.

 I waited for the server to reload a new world and wondered if Levis managed to obtain the latest powerful sword in the game, The Red Dragon of The Samurai. Its name was one of the longest in the game. As a result, many players have shortened it and started dubbing it the Red Dot. I’ve never seen a Red Dot in the game yet. It was notoriously hard to obtain. For one thing, you have to kill a powerful dark wizard who carries the sword. For another, he is located at the very top of an ancient narrow-shaped tower and chances of being killed from just falling off the tower is so high that most players just end up falling off the tower before even doing any decent damage on him. Then there’s the difficulty of actually getting access to the tower location. The access is in the form of a teleportation tablet, limited to a hundred players each day and can only be obtained by killing ten drunken druids at the Tawny Tavern. Even if you’ve killed more than ten of those druids, the teleportation tablet is obtained randomly. So you could end up spending the whole night killing drunken druids and still end up not getting a single teleportation tablet!

 I’ve been out of luck so far in my attempts and since that night of non-stop attempts, I make it a habit to kill ten drunken druids each day and no more. If Levis has the Red Dot, maybe he’ll share his tactics with me so we can both have the Red Dot.

 I teleported my avatar to the Jambalaya Rock immediately after logging in and found three avatars in front of me, including Ladylurve! My heart skipped a beat.

* Private Message *

The_Levis : Surprise! :D