CHAPTER 12: THE CONFRONTATION

Copyright © 2014 by Ladylurve

 All rights reserved.

 -----

I woke up feeling invigorated. I thought about this a whole lot last night and I have to do this today. Yes, today is the big day. Today is the day I will confront DeathMuster. Today is the day I will ask him what yesterday’s note meant. Today is the day that will redefine our online friendship into something better or worse. I hope I can do it. I mean, how hard can it be to just type a few words into a computer, right? Yes, I can do this! Eeeeeeeeek!

 Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So I’ve been told. But if I was spending time making and eating breakfast, I may lose the desire to pursue this inquiry. Or will I? It’s no use. There’s no time to waste dilly dallying making these difficult decisions now. I turned on my computer and started thinking of questions for DeathMuster.

First it’s important to establish what we are for each other. Do I come outright and say, Hey Death, what do you think we are? Uggghhh, that sounds awful. Sounds like I’m trying to pick a fight or something. But I’m really not. I’m just trying to establish the parameters, as some might say. What about putting it a little more casually? Hmmm… Maybe I should say, Oh hi Death, didn’t see you there. Sup? That sounds pretentious though. Can I pull it off? I really doubt that would give me answers. What if he end up being just as evasive? This is not as easy as I thought.

Okay I needed a systematic train of thought, or something like that. I should list down everything I wanted to ask DeathMuster and then worry about forming the questions later. I opened a Notepad program in my computer and began typing.

What to ask DeathMuster:

A sudden knock on my door startled me. As I spun around on my computer chair, I heard my brother saying, “You talking to yourself again? Don’t think I can’t hear you in there.”

“I wasn’t!” Doesn’t he have better things to do than eavesdrop on my private affairs over the weekend?

“Well I’m going out with Myka. We’re going to check out some theme park. Won’t be back till after dinner. Did you hear me? I really hate talking to your door, Ella!” Eric knocked my door again. I know I should just open the door and tell him I heard him but it’s still early in the morning. I’ve already had to walk to my computer and turn it on. Walking to the door is going to be one too many steps on a weekend. It’s just going to mess up my weekend, really! I’m not lazy or anything. I’m just practical on conserving energy so I can maximize my online gaming hours.

“Hello… Anybody in there? Still alive? You better not die on me. The stench is going to be awful and troublesome to clean,” said Eric, even louder than before.

“Blah blah blah. Just go already!” I shouted. I think I heard Eric saying freak and walking away. I decided to just ignore him when I suddenly heard him singing at the top of his lungs. Yup, I definitely heard him right the first time.

She’s a super freak, super freak

She’s super freaky, yowwww

My sister is super freak, super freak

I ran and unlocked my door screaming, “SHUT UP ERIC!” and was greeted with his hyena-like laughter and the sounds of the front door being closed. Jerk!

Great, Eric has managed to use up some of my reserved energy for the weekend. I’d probably need to spare a few minutes to eat later as a consequence of this exhausting activity so early in the morning. I looked at the kitchen clock. 10 a.m. Yes, I was right. It is still early.