CC Imagine for Beth

I was lying in bed with CC, just talking, when I felt the blanket get wet beneath me.

"CC..."

"What is it?"

"I think my water broke."

"OK, I'll get your bag," he said, leaving the room.

He was calmer than I'd thought he'd be, probably because of the few scares we had already had, I thought. I also had already packed my bag, just to be prepared.

CC came back with my bag in hand and helped me out of the bed and into his car, driving me to the hospital.

When we arrived at the hospital, I was put onto a stretcher and rolled into a room.

There was a doctor in the room who came to my side as soon as I was rolled into the room.

"OK, push," I heard the doctor say.

I pushed and felt a sharp pain inside my stomach.

After a while of being told to keep pushing, there was sweat covering my face and I was exhausted.

"I'm going to need you to push one more time, OK?" The doctor said.

I nodded weakly and pushed again, until the sounds of the busy hospital were drowned out by a baby crying.

I lay back against the stretcher, feeling tired and exhausted.

I felt the doctor put my baby in my arms. "Congratulations," he said, smiling at me before leaving the room to give CC and I some time alone.

I looked down to see a small baby wrapped in a pink blanket. I felt CC looking over at the baby and smiled at him.

"She's beautiful. I'm so proud of you, sweetheart."

"She has your eyes," you said, looking at your baby's dark brown eyes.

"She has your good looks though."

I laughed. "You're so cheesy."

He laughed."What do you think we should call her?"

"I've always liked Carolyn. What do you think?"

"I think it's a beautiful name. I love you so much, Beth," he said, pressing a soft kiss to my forehead.

I smiled. "I love you too, Cc."