Chapter One

I'm shaking as I walk down the aisle, holding Maxon's arm. I wasn't as worried about the wedding, that was easy after I walked down the aisle and saw Maxon.

The coronation is held in the throne room. After we walk through the receiving line, I have to run to change into the most beautiful purple dress I've ever seen.

"Maxon, I don't think I can do this."

"Ah, but you must." He gave me a kiss. "Go change. I'll be waiting."

I was rushed into the small changing room and was greeted with happy chaos. "There is too much tradition! I mean, white dress, purple dress, then back to the white dress? Come on!"

All three of my maids - Marlee, Mary, and Paige - laughed at me as they started undoing the thousands of buttons down my back. Each one of my maids was special to me. Marlee was my best friend, Mary was one of my maids from the selection, and I saved Paige from being a prostitute and an eight when me and Maxon went out side the palace walls to meet with the Northern Rebels.

"At least you got to help design your dress for tonight," Marlee encourages. "so you have no idea where you're going?" She winks and giggles.

"Ugghh! Maxon and his mysteries! Does everyone know?"

"Pretty much! Maxon can't keep his mouth shut!" Paige giggled over excitedly.

All I knew was I got to wear my favorite dress. On a plane. To somewhere.

I just hoped I got what I wanted.

Too soon, I was waking to the throne room, and standing outside the giant redwood doors.

I turned to look at Marlee. "Do I have to do this? I feel like I'm going puke."

"Yes, America. When you here the music change and the doors open just walk. You'll do fine." She walked off to go sit down. Soon I heard Maxon welcoming everyone and introducing the high priest. After an small round of applause, the music changed and two guards,( Aspen included) open the heavy doors.

As I walked toward Maxon and the heigh priest, I was shaking. Once I got up to the alter, the ceremony officially started.

"America Singer Schreave, you are married to the Crowned King of Illéa. That means you must become the Crowned Queen of Illéa. This has many responsibilities. Are you willing to accept These responsibilities?"

"I am."

"Then repeat after me. I, America Singer Schreave, promise to rule as fairly as possible. To do justice, and follow all the laws of Illéa, to the point what is right."

As I repeat his words, I can't help but think that the last part was because of me.

I have trouble following rules I don't agree with.

The ceremony concludes with me sitting on the throne while a crown is placed on my head. I'm just so happy when it's all over.