Chapter 5

As soon as we landed, the rain started. A car pulled up to the airport's private door, and a man, a guard by the looks of him, ran in to the building with an umbrella.

"Your Hignesses, the Princess Daphne is waiting for you."

"Thank you, sir." Maxon held the umbrella over our heads as we ran to the car.

We rode in silence all the way to the palace. Thr royal family of France uses an old palace, one that was made a historical monument because Marie Antoniette lived in it. France was a Republic for a while after the French Revolution, but after the Third World War they became a Monarchy again.

Like Iléa.

Once we got to Versallies, Princess Daphne greeted us with a smile. She and Maxon were on good terms, but her smile looked a little strained.

"Maxon! America! You both look lovely! I am so sorry about the storm! Where were you headed?" That accent seemed a little to much like she was trying to get him to fall in love her again.

"It's actually a secret, Daphne. I'll tell you later."

"You will not! I don't want everyone in the world to know where my honeymoon will be if I don't!"

"Do you really want me to tell you?"

"Yes, please Maxon! I can't stand the wait!"

He got really close to my ear, "We are going to... a secret place."

"UGGGHHH!!!"

Daphne chose to butt in at that moment. "Let's get you some breakfast. Then you should have fuel and the storm should be cleared enough for you to leave. America, my maids can take you to a room to change if you would like."

"No, thank you, but I do need to use the bathroom."

"Of Course, it's just down the hall. I'll show you." She was being creepily nice to me.

The bathroom was bigger than our whole house back in Carolina. As I was standing there in awe, I heared the door slam and a click. I whirled around to a closed a door. I pounded on the door. "Daphne! Let me out! Dapne!"

"Maxon Schreave was supposed to be my husband! I will not let you steal him fron me!"

"Daphne! Daphne! Don't do this! Daphne!" This is bad, this is very bad.

I remember Marlee saying something about a pocket in the dress, and she put my phone in it, but where is it? I felt around my dress drying to find the phone. My hand hits something around my hip. i stuck my hand in the pocket and pulled out my phone. Yes! I try to call Maxon, but I don't have service.