Chapter Eleven

"You're what?" Maxon sputtered.

"I'm pregnant, Maxon. You're going to be a father."

"How did this happen?" He looked at me like he honestly didn't know.

"Well, Maxon, you and I had sex, and I got pregnant." He looked like he was about to pass out. He gave me and accusing look. "What?"

"Are you sure it's mine?"

"Of course Maxon! Why would you ask me that?"

"Well, we've only been having sex for a few days. How can you be pregnant already?"

"Who else would I have had sex with?"

"Aspen!"

"Dammit Maxon! I thought we were over that! I love you. Aspen is more like a brother. I'm not even 100% sure that I'm pregnant. When we get back, Dr.Ashlar can give me an exam and we can find out for sure. Alright?"

"Yeah, okay. We need to start getting ready to go see the prime minister."

"Wait, what? I didn't know we were having dinner with prime minister."

"He doesn't know about you. or my parents. He was friends with my mom, and I think he at least he deserves that much."

"You're right. Wait, I didn't pack anything nice to wear." He walked to the closet and pulled out a stunning LBD. "Maxon it's beautiful!"

"I bought before the wedding. Marlee helped pick it out. I thought we could wear black as a sort of mourning thing."

"That makes sense. I wondere how the prime minister's gonna take it."

"I hope he takes it well."

"Why? What could happen if he doesn't take it well?"

"Jamacia has the number one weapons store in the world. He could send troops to fight the rebels themselves, if he thinks we aren't doing it right."