0.1

jack avery ran his fingers through his hair, sitting across from the younger male. zach herron, licks his lips propping his legs up on the table, jack scoffing at him and pushing his feet off the table.

"feet off the table," jack shakes his head laughing at zach who pouted at him. "we eat on this thing!" he slaps zach.

the pair were sat in the lunchroom at their usual table waiting for the others to show up. it was normally jack and zach who arrived first seeing as their classes were in the same hallway, before lunch. jack was a senior and most of his classes where upstairs, but his art class was downstairs several doors down from zach's class room.

a pair of hands wrap around zach's shoulder, making him ease into them. daniel. zach turns around, smiling at his boyfriend, who held his tray in hand, and an equally as large smile on his face when he sat next to his boyfriend.

zach was openly gay, and has been since his freshmen year. which was one of his most difficult years and also the year he and jack grew to become inseparable. even if jack was a year older than zach the two clicked the moment jack found zach crying in the music room, softly playing the piano.

zach cringes mentally thinking about the worst year of high school life. zach steals a fry from daniel's try the elder boy pushing the food towards him.

soon enough everyone had arrived, apart from jack's girlfriend, carly who was in line chatting with a girl with dark brown hair that met in the middle of her back. zach noticed corbyn couldn't take his eyes off the girl, nearly missing his mouth when he brought his water to his lips.

"who's carly taking to?" corbyn questions curiously, everyone shrugs, having no clue who this girl was. she must've been new considering this school was a small school and zach knew practically everyone.

daniel swallows his food, looking towards the girl corbyn was eyeing. "she must be new." he gestures his head towards the girl, corbyn nodding.

"yeah i'd know if i'd seen her around." he softly says clearly taking a liking towards the girl. everyone at the table smirks at corbyn jonah patting him on the back.

"does mr corbyn matthew besson have a crushy wosey?" jonah says in a baby voice, grabbing corbyn's cheeks that were tinted bright red. zach laughs rolling his eyes at his friends.

zach turns to face jack who was sat beside him playing a game on his phone, his brow creased in determination. zach rests his head on his shoulder, watching the elder boy play fortnite. of course.

jacky!" zach whines resting his forehead against his shoulder. jack turns off his phone shrugging zach off of him who held tightly onto him. "can i have your chips?" he innocently questions staring up at jack who rolled his eyes at his best friend.

"you're lucky i love you." he mumbles rolling his eyes handing the bag to zach who thanked him. resting his head on daniels shoulder, who wasn't jealous of his boyfriend. he learned not be jealous of zach and jack's friendship the day they all became friends. jack was obviously straight so there was no reason to be jealous.

carly soon arrived, the girl who she was talking to in line following her back to the table. corbyn scoots over, knocking jonah out of his seat. corbyn nervously chuckles, everyone staring at him.

"sit with me!" he says practically shouting. corbyn when he tended to have crushes on girls acted like an idiot, his nervousness getting the best of him usually scaring girls off. this girl though, laughs taking the seat next to corbyn, who happily chats with her, a large smile on his face.

"corbyn has a crush." jack whispers in zach's ear, his lips brushing against his ear. zach laughs nodding.

"it's so obvious." he shakes his head opening the bag of chips jack had gave him. before zach could eat a chip jack reaches into the bag, smirking at zach who was glaring at him.

"i bought them." he smirks popping a chip into his mouth, zach rolls his eyes kicking jack, who wraps his foot around zach's trapping him. jack takes another chip, laughing at the boy, who glares at him.

"you gave them to me though." he pouts shoving a chip into his mouth. he tries to escape jack's hold on his foot, the other male stronger than him.

"let of my foot," zach continues in a whiney tone. "carly tell your boyfriend to let go of my foot so i can kick him." zach says leaning over jack to look at carly, who chuckles, holding her hands up.

"i'm not getting in between this." she laughs taking a bite of jack's chicken nuggets. jack swats her away playfully sending her a glare.

jack lets go of his foot, shaking his head at zach who was now holding the bag of chips close to his chest.

jack kicks his foot this time, zach doing the same. the pair go back and forth, not acknowledging it. it was normal for them almost to be like this. so it didn't bother zach. playing footsie with jack was normal.

so christina when did you move here?" corbyn questions making sure to stress her name. all attention was on christina now, who's cheeks were a scarlet red, not liking attention directed at her.

"uh...umm...i've lived her since i was little, just went to a different school." she says toying with her fork. she found more interest in that, flicking the fork against her hand. zach gives christina a soft smile, understanding her anxiety even if she didn't say it aloud. zach used to be exactly like christina his freshmen year, it wasn't until he met jack he stopped stuttering nervously and was able to meet people in the eyes when talking.

jack smiles knowingly at zach, sensing he was thinking about freshmen year. the best friends could practically read each other's mindsX

lunch goes on like usual, laughter filling their ears and corbyn saying something stupid to impress christina.

when the bell sounded, everyone stands throwing away there food. carly gives jack a quick peck on the lips, running to corbyn and christina who seemed to be hitting off. daniel chastely kisses zach, following jonah down the hallway.

jack and zach were the only two left. the two both having a free period together. they walk outside, sitting on the bleachers. the girls and boys track team were running laps around the field getting ready for the meet they had in a few weeks.

zach rests his head against the bleachers laying down, playing with the rings on fingers that he usually wore. jack was sat a few seats down from him. his math homework in front of him. which he didn't understand.

"zachary wanna help me?" he offers waving the sheet. zach shakes his head, zach groaning knowing either way he'd have to help jack. he always was the one helping him solve math problems.

"give it here." he outstretches his hand. jack walks up the bleachers, sitting beside zach, who now was looking down at his homework.

"what would i do without you?" jack over dramatically says, throwing his arms around zach, who chuckles at him, pushing him away so he could help him.

"more like what would i do without you." zach grins at jack, who shoves his shoulder, sharing a smile with his best friend.

_______

AYE I HOPE YOU LIKE IT SO FAR. FIRST CHAPTER COMPLETE.

vote | comment | share