0.4

after zach dropped off daniel and corbyn at daniel's house he drove in silence, the only sound was the groans falling from jack's lips, as he attempted to fall asleep on the back seat.

zach looks at jack in the mirror for a second, "why did you almost kiss that guy?" zach questions, his eyes now focused on the road.

jack shrugs, sitting up. "i don't know," he mumbles. by now jack was a little bit sober, the reality of his actions now hitting him full force. "i did have a lot to drink tonight." he attempts to justify his actions by the amount of alcohol he had consumed.

zach scoffs, rolling his eyes. "you wanted to kiss him. if it wasn't for me stopping you would you have?" zach turns to look at jack, the car now stopped at a red light.

"i dunno."

zach hits the steering wheel. "that's not an answer."

jack rubs his forehead, crawling up to the passenger seat. the light flashes green.

"i'm not like you." jack lowly mutters, looking out of the window.

zach stops the car in front of a random house. "what's that supposed to mean?" zach snaps looking over at jack, his eyes filled with hurt.

jack lets out a breath, avoiding looking at zach. "i'm not into guys," he chews on his bottom lip, turning to look at zach. "i'm not gay."

zach lets out a dry chuckle, unbuckling his seat belt. "what? is being gay wrong?" zach barked, eyebrow furrowed as he waited for jack to answer his question.

jack closes his eyes running a hand through his hair. "no i didn't mean it like that," he calmly states. "let's just go back to my house. it's been a long night." jack insists, attempting to look at zach, who was avoiding his gaze.

zach rolls his eyes, but puts the car in drive, the rest of the ride to jack's house was silent, neither of the two speaking a word. jack's thoughts buzzed in the back of his mind, bringing up things he pushed away a long time ago. he tried to forget about those thoughts a long time ago.

time skip.

jack awoke in his bedroom, to a pounding headache and a fresh memory of what he had done last night. he remembers the conversation with zach, he remembers how much his stupid words hurt him, even if zach tried to act like they didn't jack knew they did.

on jack's night stand zach must've left a bottle of water and a bottle of alive for jack's hangover. there also was a note on the night stand, jack picks up the note, squinting his eyes to read what zach had said.

i'll see you at school on monday

jack crumpled up the note, chucking it to the other side of the room. with a groan of frustration he slams his head against his pillows. zach obviously was mad at him, and jack had no clue what he had done this time to upset him.

reaching for his phone, jack sits up in bed, scrolling through his contacts to find the one he was looking for. when he gets all the way down his contacts he clicks on the zach's contemplating rather or not it was the best idea to call zach. whenever zach was upset with jack he tended to ignore his calls and texts.

with a breath jack presses call, waiting for zach to pick up. after the third ring the ringing stopped.

"what do you want?" zach snaps, into the phone, the annoyance clear in his tone.

jack toys with the fabric of his blanket, "i'm sorry about last night," he frowns, zach doesn't speak. "i was pretty wasted last night, but i'm sorry." jack grows quiet waiting for zach to reply.

"i accept your apology."

the two chatted for a bit longer, talking about the most random things. after nearly an hour of talking jack agreed to stop by zach's house.

jack's phone buzzed with a notification. he picks up his phone from the kitchen counter looking at the notification. he slides open the notification, which was a text message from a number he didn't recognize.

unknown: hey can we talk?

jack: who's this???

unknown: anderson.
unknown: i'm so sorry about last night

jack: no it was my fault

jack sits his phone down grabbing his keys from the table.

don't look at your phone. he sternly says to himself, he knew if he kept talking to anderson that would lead to him doing something stupid so he did grabbed his phone, blocking his number.

you aren't into guys. jack pushes that lingering thought away, walking outside to his car. he plugs in his aux, hoping the music would help him drown out his thoughts ease by troye sivan blast through the speakers, jack pulls out of the drive way humming softly to the song.

tell me all the things that make you feel at ease.

_______

hi long time no see. i published a new fic you guys should read it.