0.3

jack threw his bookbag on his bed, walking to his dresser to find an outfit for tonight. he didn't want to go, but because zach was going he thought why not.

zach trails behind him, car keys in hand and a can of soda he stole from the fridge. "the girls went out with syd." zach nods to the door, plopping down on one of jack's beanbag chairs.

"sydnie's back?" jack questions pulling out a pair of black ripped pants. he sits them on top of his dresser, looking for a shirt to pair with the jeans.

zach gulps down his drink. "yeah she said something about ava and parent teacher conference." jack nods, remembering ava had mentioned a parent teacher conference and telling her he'd text sydnie, which he must've forgotten to do.

with his eyebrow scrunched he looked between a black nirvana tee shirt and a maroon champion hoodie. "which one?" he looks towards zach holding out both of the options. zach rubs his chin scrunching up his lips in mock thought.

"that one." he replies pointing to the maroon champion hoodie. jack nods putting away the other one.

jack slips off his tee shirt, slipping into the hoodie. before pulling off his pants he slips on his rings and the chain necklace he wore.

"what time is the party?" jack questions, rolling up the bottom of his jeans. he grabs his black vans and socks slipping them on.

zach pulls out his phone. "at 8 but it'll take like an hour to get there." zach stands, walking to his duffle of clothes he left at jack's house.

the time on the clock above his night stand read 6:50pm. there was no rush in getting there early, plus parties normally start a little later anyways.

leaving zach alone to get dressed jack walks down stairs to the kitchen. getting drunk on an empty stomach wasn't a smart idea. remembering the night he couldn't recall clearly he cringes remembering how fast he got drunk and how sick he got later.

jack ends up making two sandwiches one for him and the other for zach when he finshed messing around with his hair. that boy took forever. jack rolls his eyes to himself smiling slightly.

scrolling through instagram jack eats his sandwich, and he checks up on the girls, sending a quick texts to sydnie who replied almost instantly.

syd:
i'll watch the girls tonight you go have fun with zach and your friends.

jack smiles softly at her message, ever since jack was young having fun and going to parties was out of the question considering he had to parent his siblings with his older sister, who at the time was still practically a child herself. jack's parents were around, it's just every time they were around each other they fought, yelling and screaming obscenities at each other. after their divorce jack and sydnie's mother started to work a lot, staying out late and not coming home sometimes for days.

shaking his thoughts away jack smiles tightly at zach who grabbed the sandwich from his plate and the bag of chips he grabbed from the pantry.

"we have to pick up daniel and dumbass."

"i'm assuming corbyn." jack chuckles taking one last bit of his sandwich he throws away the napkin, grabbing his car keys off the table.

zach nods. "yeah corbyn. he would take his car but he somehow left the car on and now it won't run again."

the pair laugh, corbyn always seemed to have bad luck with his stupid car his parents handed down to him when they got their new car. the car was so old the inside reeked of air freshener to cover up the smell of cheap leather and the smell of gas that just wouldn't go away.