ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ ∎︎ ᴅᴇʟɪᴄᴀᴛᴇ

ʜᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs, 1977

ʜᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs, 1977

┍H┚ᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ. Sitting bored at a desk while he waited for the long detention to come to an end, Sirius remembered the detention he'd had with Mia in sixth year.

Yet history didn't repeat itself.

She wasn't sitting at the teacher's desk, chastising a younger student or doing her potions' essay with a determined look on her pretty face. She wasn't demanding him to write lines or rejecting his offer for them to go on a date.

Because she wasn't there.

"Mr Black, if you scratch at that desk one more time, I'll be sending you to Mr Filch for a more practical detention." Professor Flitwick chirped from his seat at the front. He was marking essays, no doubt, with hundreds and hundreds of stacks of paper next to his small figure.

"Yes, sir." Sirius grumbled before laying his head on the desk and slowly closing his eyes.

"I love you." She smiled, laying her head on his chest as she traced circles onto him with her fingers.

"I know." He whispered, burying his nose into her hair.

She smelled like oranges.

"Good. At least you know it." She whispered, still slowly tracing circles on his bare chest. "You know we still haven't done it."

"What?" He asked, smirking at her lightly flushed cheeks. "What haven't we done, Mia Pia?"

"You know." He raised his eyes brows and posed confusion, "Why are you like this? We haven't had sex."

"Oh." He sat up, making her sit up as well, "Hey Mia, wanna shag?"

"Oh for fucks sake, Sirius!" She grumbled.

"Wanna consummate our relationship and make love?" He teased, nipping at her earlobe.

"Let's wait till the middle of August." Mia suggested, rubbing the tips of her fingers.

"Why so specific?" Sirius asked, gently running his fingers up and down her spine.

"Dunno. It just feels right." He smiled and kissed her softly on her lips.

"I love you too." He whispered.

"I know." She smirked. "Sirius."

"What?"

"Sirius." She said again and he could feel his head being poked.

"Sirius!" He sharply lifted his head up, not realising that there was someone above him and colliding his head with them.

"Ow!" She moaned, rubbing her forehead vigorously.

"Mia!" He exclaimed, helping her up.

"Sirius. What on earth were you doing? Sleeping in detentions?" She chastised him, lazily hitting him on his forearm. "You're lucky that Flitwick took pity on you and let you sleep another five minutes."

"Where is that old geezer?" He asked, turning his head around at the empty classroom. "Where is everyone?"

"Dorms. Flitwick sent me to wake you." Mia pulled him up from his seat, or tried to. He took the hint and got up, and she tucked his chair in. "Now off to your common room."

"Wait!" He yelped as he tripped over a chair leg and skipped to her. "Can we talk?"

"You really want to talk? About what?" She asked, leaning against the doorway, pulling at her fingertips. "I've got to get back to my patrol with Amos."

"Diggory?" He asked, clenching his fists again.

"Yes. We have to patrol." She answered, rolling her eyes at his body language, "Jealous?"

"Fuck, of course I am." He answered, unclenching his fists and ignoring the urge to punch a wall or a Hufflepuff Prefect.

"You have no right. I'm sure you're very satisfied with Emma." She rolled her eyes at his smirk. "Wipe that smirk off your face."

"Be mine?" He tried.

"How about...-." She tapped her chin in thought, "-no."

"Knew it. What would it take to win back my lover?" He asked jokingly.

"Prove that you've stopped with your childish ways. And your Casanova complex." She answered, smiling at his gaping mouth. "Then, I'll consider it."

"You'll be mine again?"

"I said I'd consi-." But he ran off, sprinting like a madman. "That idiot." She smiled to herself at the thought of being in Sirius' arms and loving him with all her heart.

"Mia?" Amos Diggory's voice rang out in the corridor.

"Coming!" She walked out the classroom, making sure to close the door behind her.

"Seriously?!" She asked, "We've been out for three weeks!"

"Exactly. It was never gonna last." He smiled at her, and -wham-.

Emma Clackton had slapped the smile off his face, with the power of three hippogriffs, causing a dark red handprint to show up on his right cheek.

"Thank you for this, you really don't understand how much this breakup will help us!" He shouted, before running off, leaving her outside her common room with a confused face.

"Son of a bitch." She whispered, before tapping the familiar Helga Hufflepuff pattern on the barrel.