CHAPTER FOUR | BREAKFAST (EDITED)

Hogwarts, 1976

Hogwarts, 1976

"Sirius Black?" Marlene asked Mia, rubbing her eyes to awaken herself before she went nuts on the next person to simply walk into the dormitory. Pandora Higglesworth and Emma Georgetown were sleeping soundly within the confines of their deep blue curtain pulled tightly around their four poster beds.

"Yes, Marlene." Mia paused to take a sip out of her mug of pumpkin juice before replying with a deep sigh, "Sirius Black."

"That prick." Marlene swore under her breath before standing up to go to the bathroom and wash up. "I'll have words with him, might not be incredibly nice words but words nonetheless."

"Marlene, I know it's touchy subject but can we just leave it? It's not like I'm going to bump into him repeatedly over and over again." Mia asked, casually looking up at the clock she'd fixed onto the heater with a sticking charm. It read 7 o'clock.

"Alright. But the moment he bothers you again, my fist is going to be bothering his nose." She declared, demonstrating a punching motion with her fist before giggling. "Don't worry, Mia. If he's still the dipshit I remember, he won't bother you again."

"I've got my finished essay now and that essay isn't leaving my bag till the end of time." Mia leaned over to proudly patthe satchel before suddenly falling off the bed, letting out a noise of pain and suffering as she banged the back of her head on the wooden frame of the bed. "Fuck!"

"And we're off to a great start today." Marlene smiled softly before offering her hand to Mia, who gratefully took it and pulled herself up.

"What would I do without you, Lenie?"

"Shit." Sirius swore under his breath when he looked up to see Mary Macdonald sitting opposite him, helping herself to a bowl of 'Golden Gobbly Snitches' whilst burning holes into his skull.

"James told me you wanted to go to Hogsmeade with me." She took a long sip from her glass of pumpkin juice, "Maybe I'll wear your Quidditch jumper."

"Mary." He suddenly spoke up, "I'm awfully sorry but I'm not going to Hogsmeade with you—." He paused to see her reaction, which was silent but suspicious. "Because—."

Mia and Marlene walked into the hall, linking arms as they laughed and walked over to the Ravenclaw table. He noticed Marlene look over at him and give him a look that could have sent him bolting into a corner but he simply smiled sardonically. She rolled her eyes and sat down next to Mia, who looked between the two with ill-hidden suspicion.

"Sirius!" A nudge on his shoulder brought him back to Mary, who pursed her lips and waited for him to continue talking. Yet the boy silently waited for something to pop into his brain.

Mary wasn't having it.

"I can't believe this! You stood me up last summer, went and snogged Eleanor Gratis, who I told you had a vendetta against me, then you went and led me on by offering your Quidditch jumper, Sirius! I'm sick and tired of being led on and joked around with, I'm not a toy—."

"I'm going with Marlene!" He cut her off by shouting over her, which made a couple of girls sitting by them gasp at his behaviour. "And James was the one who gave it to you, Mary. I'm sorry for shouting but you can't just push someone into going out with you without asking."

"And you're really going out with Marlene again?" Mary asked sceptically, turning back to take a glimpse at the blonde Ravenclaw, who was— already walking towards Sirius with Mia in tow.

"Sirius, what is the meaning of this?" She asked, pointing at Mary, then at him before pointing at herself. "How did I get dragged into your argument?"

"Sirius said he can't go to Hogsmeade with me, because he's going with you." Mary dryly remarked, picking at her nails.

"You completely misheard me Mary," Sirius coolly said, before he looked at Marlene, his sharp jawline making Mia question herself before she stopped herself from fawning. Sirius dated Marlene, it was against the girl code. "I said I was going with Mia, who was sitting next to Marlene."

"No you absolutely didn't!" Mary and Mia shouted at the same time, making Marlene roll her eyes in a what a Sirius moment way.

"Fine, I didn't but I meant Mia. My words got jumbled up."

"Yeah, fat cha—omph, yep!" Mia replied, glaring at Marlene as the words tumbled out of her mouth, "Sirius asked me yesterday in detention." What on earth was Marlene up to?

"See you later babe." Sirius blew a kiss, standing up and bolting away.